What makes an attractive person feel like they're ugly and worthless?

Why do they have these voices in their heads?

Most Helpful Girl

• Mental illness, often. Illnesses like depression make people feel like that, and they can affect anyone. It's do to with brain chemistry, you don't need a 'reason' to be depressed any more than you need a reason to have asthma :/

Society at large isn't helpful; capitalism feeds on people's self hatred because if we're all scared and think we aren't good enough we'll keep buying things to try and feel better and correct perceived flaws. Also the focus on sex and romance as the be-all and end-all of existence has the side effect that we tend to value ourselves based on the opinions of others and how we're treated.

On a more micro scale, abuse of any kind can cause a lot of emotional damage. People who've suffered abuse are often manipulated by their abuser (s) into thinking they deserve it, and that can really fuck up someone's self worth :(

I hope you're okay asker. You are important and deserve to feel good about yourself <3

Most Helpful Guy

• It's easy to compare ourselves to others but you don't know the story. You don't know what that other person with the "perfect" life is going through, and you don't know how many filters that girl on Instagram ran her selfie through in order to look that perfect. That's why you just compete against yourself.

What Girls Said 7

• The voice in their head is society. Society is never satisfied with anything. Some people don't realize it and put their selves down. People just need to ignore it, be themselves, and love theirselves.
    41.media.tumblr.com/.../...zmbfyz1tp42tfo1_500.jpg

• I think it is because they base their self-worth on how other people view them. When you do that you will hate yourself no matter how many friends you have. The human soul was not meant to be shared with strangers.

• Um... people bad influence and getting repeatly walked over!

• Someone can be attractive but have things going on at home that makes them feel worthless or they may have a weird/ mixed personality and get made fun of for it.

• Sometimes we had difficult childhoods and sometimes we're just incapable of seeing what everyone else does.

• I don't know... Everyone makes it seem like I'm this gorgeous girl like EVERY guy at EVERY high school I go to want a to talk to me. I just don't see what they see. All I see are my flaws

• When they dont respect anyone..

What Guys Said 2