Are girls who are just pretty faces worth your time?

I am physically really attractive, though I've never really cared for it.
My personality is odd and seems to be hard to love, or maybe just needs an acquired taste. I have anxiety, hypersensitivity, depression, ADD, and adjustment disorder, so I'm a bit of a handful.
I am good at art, and I feel like it's my only main skill. Again, just aesthetically pleasing.
People like useful people. If I can't provide anything (not even sex, I'm ace) I feel I won't be important to anyone. I've been trying to work out or educate myself well, but both feel like an uphill battle. I don't even enjoy socialising. I'm scared of being worthless.

Is a pretty face making pretty things enough for you?

• Yeah, it's enough.
  • No, you'll need more than that.
  • Dunno.

Most Helpful Guy

• Even if you have a pretty face and a kind heart, thats not everything. I strongly recommend you to work on yourself and slowly grow or else you will be always a toxic element in your romantic relationships and thus start destroying them from the inside.

I have been with girls with a difficult past and it puts a giant strain on a relationship and without improvement and growth on your part it is impossible to last.

That being said I don't think any case is hopeless and that everyone can improve.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 15

• When you say "not even sex, I'm ace" do you mean asexual?

If so then that's a dealbeaker for a relationship.

I could be friends with you if I thought you were interesting.

You don't strike me as being arrogant so that's a good combo, looks + humility.

Even of your personality is odd, you could still be interesting and while you might be a handful, if the good outweighs the bad then it's worth it.

• Arts is enough for me to be interested in a girl
    Artistic people are passionate and as for your other problems, we all have a few problems so I wouldn't mind them as long as u don't expect me to let u live with then without treatment

• Hey, let's pretend you're my love of my life, and it was your PERSONALITY that made me fall in love.

A pretty face will be at least 45% of my wishes, but it won't matter if your personality is trashy.

I know every guy will agree on that. No one wants an annoying crazy nagger as their wife.

Remember, your face would be a bonus, but if it's all you got and everything (about your character) sucks, then you will turn me off, NOT your flaws.

If you are worried about flaws, I most definitely seek passed that.

• If you are asexual, then it's highly likely that you are not worth the time of most heterosexual males.

• I doubt you have all those disorders. Seriously, you've been diagnosed with all that?

• I approach on looks (face and bodytype), date based on personality/chemistry.

• no a pretty face isn't enough. just self teach yourself some skills. Arts is okay but it doesn't really compensate for a hard to love personality for me

• Skills can be learned while a pretty face can't.

• Personality is important. In the long term it's what most important. But it sounds to me like you are your own worst critic. No one should consider themselves worthless.

• No, a pretty face doesn't contribute to the relationship at all.

• No, if we can't connect on a personal level, then she won't last, so no point in pursing her

• You are just a hard shell that requires a lot of effort to aquire it's pearl. Just like me

• For the vast majority of guys it is because guys aren't really picky like women are. A woman could be absolutely worthless and as long as she has the slightest bit of looks, there will be some captain save a ho to save her.

• A relationship needs substance. If looks are all you have, then when you both get old, gray, and wrinkled, you will be miserable together.

• It's enough for me, average people convince themselves they're better somehow, they think their personality is better. Superiority is an illusion.

What Girls Said 3

• Are you trolling me? NO NO! You need more!! I want more out of you!!

• Lovey dove, you ARE more than a pretty face. You're brave, and strong, and have faced more horrors than many humans will in all their lifetimes. You may be an acquired taste, but it's undoubtedly an exquisite one. You just need someone who is willing to get to know you, all of you.

• You sound like an interesting person. Stay strong because Im sure you and I would make great friends!!!