I am 21 and have 1k saved up. Am I considered poor?

Also, is a 3.47 gpa considered crappy?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• 3.47 GPA is pretty good also I am 23 and you have way more money than me. Except when I was 21 I had about $2000 cause I had a job at the time.

• So how much do you have now?

• Books, video games lol for one of my classes my financial aid didn't cover I had to pay $800 out of pocket it sucked.

• Oh damn 😁

Most Helpful Girl

• as in savings and never touch it? It's a good start! Most college/uni people are working hard all the time and spending it.

• How much do you have saved up? I see we are the same age.

• Yeah I saw on the news! @truthhammer

• i m all for helping the needy but i hope no jihadists sneak in. its been happening... and isis has threatened to blow up the edmonton mall last yr.

What Guys Said 13

• I was broke at 21. Good news is with an education, good job and hard work it will all change quickly.

• No one is rich at 21 your a normal girl that has her head in the right direction

• In my opinion, as long as one has something to eat and a place to stay in then they are not considered poor.

• Well at your age it isn't at all surprising that you don't have a lot of money.
    Good I idea to save more yea.

• I doubt you are considered poor, especially if you have no other debt - credit card, student loan, car/truck, etc. And the GPA isn't that bad. Granted, it also depends on if you were given grades and not truly earned them.

• 3.47GPA, it's a pretty good GPA but for me to be kinda impressed, it depends on the major. If it's Sciences then kudos if not then, eh alright. :)

• Information Technology

• I thought I would like Java more than C... but I kinda don't. So... maybe C.

• Eh, I really hate Java especially Java web applications, it sucks crap. C is a solid language as well but, I'm more of a C++ guy, PHP for web even though C# . NET is more solid. It would be better for you if you just do programming, not only will you get paid a pretty decent amount you'll also master it by practice. Especially if you do web, new technologies keep coming up all the time, nowadays apps and stuff are relying on Web and most of the computing takes part in a web server rather than the device itself. Look at mobile apps for example, they keep sending JSONs, XML.. etc to a web server and get the responses back. And web is basically more fun. :) For me at least, even though I don't work as a Web Developer but I do it in my free-time.

• gpa varies, whast your overal average? you're like an average 21 yr old and def not poor if you have a palce to live eat, some money to go out and some luxury itens in my opinion.

• My institutional is a 3.55

• Was that sarcastic or do you genuinely mean ok?

• i mean it. you know the standards for what you need.

• Depends on where you live. Where are you from?

• At that age I had 20K Euros in my savings, then came college, apartment and cars. I'm still doing good though and live in one of the world most expensive countries.

• nope I am poor. loosing 50euros per week going into drinks and so on

• Well that's your choice

• At least you can save your on the right track keep it up

• Do you have too many bills in order to save up?

• Keep saving lol itll grow:)

• How much money do you make an hour?

• Your doing better than me.. Im 26 and have 1.7k saved up... And thats for a car... And im not in college.. I think 3.5 is average to good..

• do something with your life

What Girls Said 5

• I'm 21 and that's about all I have saved up. As long as you're getting by and have enough to be comfortable that's what really matters.

• WAY richer than me, that's fosho 😛

• Yeah pretty much lol for now but in the future you will be make money.

• In today's world? While you're not "struggling to eat" poor, you're not well-off either.

Also a 3.47 is good but it's not great. It's not going to be very impressive to many academic professionals.

• That is an okay anount of money but you need more. What is your major?

• Information Technology

• Yes part time

• I would saytry for $2000