Does sending a message ever make you nervous?

ESPECIALLY if you know it'll be a couple days until it's even read and responded to? TRIPLE that when you're not sure if they'll percieve it in the way you've intended it?

Because that's a thing I'm dealing with right now. It's definitely just a message I sent asking a few questions out of pure curiosity and wanting feedback, but I feel like the person who the message was sent to may get annoyed or get the wrong impression from it and it's kind of making me regret having sent the message. I feel like he's gonna read into it way deeper than the shallow as fuck nature it was sent in.

Yet I still really want answers and for my curiosity to be quenched. Ugh the 2 - 3 day suspense. :(

Most Helpful Guy

• I know it is personal to you so you can't go into what you said but really to give a correct answer we would have to see what was said BUT that said I can give a general response - In my own experience I have found that I have sent messages and in the interval your brain works overtime seeing things that might or might not be there. In the vast majority of cases the girl just took the message on face value and did not look for a deeper meaning.
    Again really without seeing the communication, I wouldn't worry if however he messages him back a bit strangely just take time to explain what you meant. My final bit of advice is be honest with yourself and him, less chance of any misunderstandings occurring.

What Guys Said 8

• Well... I have reached the stage of my life where such things don't matter anymore. If I were in your situation, and this person misinterpreted my message, it would be his problem and not mine. He should have the common sense to CLARIFY it if he is in doubt, rather than assuming stuff. I wouldn't give a hoot if he didn't reply.

• I mean I know he'll reply and I even clarified against the misinterpretation as a sort of pre-message message, but I still worry.

• There really is no point in worrying now, is there? If he replies, good for you. If he doesn't, even better because you'll get to know he is not worth your time for interaction. :)

• Absolutely this yes.

Very nervous when texting female friends especially when they are pretty.

How do you text and initiate, and all that stuff. I don't play games, but can't understand some people who don't reply? And I'm not sure when to stop replying myself?

Yep feel nervous. Would love to hear your view on my question, about a female friend and texting if you can?

• I am the one that likes to help out peeps so I pretty much return a PM i dont really PM strangers I never talked to before on here

• I meant a message in general, I'm not talking specifically about GaG.

• No Because I have to mail a lot of Lawyers I don't get Nervous

• Oh yeah, when the opinion of that person really matters in your mind, there is definitely more angst with messaging those people.

• Oh yeah I know that feel.. Sarcasm is hard to sometimes translate and you feel like you're bothering them. Being misunderstood sucks

• I never send message to any one i do not know. Not because I am shy, or anything, but, I just wait to be invited

As for me receiving messages unexpectedly, i love it and are very welcoming of them, regardless who they are from

• No, because I would have a good reason to message.

• LMAO The next chapter in the life of teawrecks.

• womp womp

• He won't ignore it, I'm worried about him overlooking my clarification of the misinterpretation he's most likely going to have and misinterpreting what I've said or what I mean by what I'm asking.

Eh I'm sure it'll be fine but having so much time between having sent it and knowing when I'll get an answer is gonna kill me if I don't preoccupy myself.

• Then that's just like I said. Chop it up when he reads it. Not that big of a deal. Clarify what you meant.

I wonder if I one day will have the same care to wait for someone's response?

What Girls Said 0