Do you want to get married?

Most Helpful Girl

• I"m not even sure anymore, I've seen the ugliest sides of marriage and I know a lot of people who have cheated in their marriage. I also never want to get divorce not that when people get married, they think they are going to. But anyway- I'm not sure, I like the idea of having a husband and a family, but there's a lot of ugliness in whats suppose to be a beautiful thing.

Most Helpful Guy

• Fuck no. Marriage is a deathtrap for males, these days. Before, the male benefit of being married was being the *respected* head of the household. These days, the reward for marriage is being viewed like a stupid, inept fuckhead who can never do or sacrifice enough for the wife (as depicted in the media OFTEN), to the witty and clever wife. Oh, the icing on the cake is the chance to lose half your assets and income and all of your children, because the courts favor women in pretty much all things. Men get 63% longer sentences based on the same crime and same criminal history, as well, incidentally, according to Michigan State Law. To just dip into female preference in the courts.

And that's to say nothing of my belief that humans are not naturally monogamous. We are primates attempting to be geese. Geese mate with one partner for their entire lives. If it dies, they never get another mate. Humans are technically "serial monogamists", which just means one at a time. I think whomever coined that term was making a joke. Serial monogamy is closer to polygamy/amory than it is true monogamy. I could sleep with one woman per day, and I'd still be considered a serial monogamist, not a polyamorous person.

Cheating is biologically advantageous to both males and females. Males fulfill their innate desire for variety while having a steady stream of sex and companionship; and, females get a steady source of resources, companionship, and are able to get better genes outside of the relationship. Inevitably, your relationship will be lacking in something. And at that point, the urge to go out and get it from somewhere else will be strong. I think males understand this more than females, on average. Females swear they would never ever do something like that--but, they're just sneakier. They're thinking with their logical brain, not their emotional brain, so they really can't say what they would do unless they were in that situation.

I truly wonder how many murder and suicides and murder-suicides have been the result of attempting to be monogamous. Someone cheats and tears someone's world apart. Naaa. Any future relationship I enter will be open.

The only way I would get married is if it was open and I had a prenub stating she doesn't get shit from me (though I might help her, by my own decision) or my kids, depending on the circumstances.

I like the House of Cards relationship. They both know they cheat, and they're just like "did it make you happy?" No hate.

What Girls Said 26

• Most likely yes... someday :)

• I think it would be a nice tradition with the right person but it's not a must for me and I would insist on a prenup so that might already scare some potential candidates away :P

• I do, but in the future when I'm done college and settled into my career.

• I wanted to get married at the age of 20): it ain't happening... no matter what i would try!

• Of course. It's an official bonding with both mine and my partner's families. It is official in the administrative papers. And it's official for the couple: you can live together have kids and so on.

Also for any religious persons; it's an official bonding of the couple with God's blessings.

• Yes, I do. I lose hope sometimes, but in my heart of hearts, I want to experience married life..

• Yea one day, when I found the right guy.

• I definitely want to get married. Preferably in my 20's, but whenever the time's right. I've already got the music planned out haha.

• No thanks, I'll take a hard pass on that.

• Yes, yes I do. Got the guy picked out already :p

• Maybe, if I meet the right man for me :)

• Yes, I do.

• Yes I hope so in the next 10 years 😊

• Yes I most definitely want to!

• sure.. if i find an awesome guy..

• Yes I certainly do want to get married.
    Relevant details: I see around old people walking aloof in here and that sends chills down my spine. Dying before my partner is absolutely fine but knowing I would be skeleton sitting on some bench alone!!! Brrrrrrrrr. NO

I would rather die from a bullet than suffering from Neurodegenrative disease :P

• Yup, if I found the right person who I would be able to spend the rest of my life with him.

• No. -shakes head-

• No I do not

• Yes I do 👫

• Yes, I would like to get married one day. I think that's every girls dream to find a guy that they truly love and get married. Spend all the good and bad moments for life.

Lol that's all I'm going to say 😜😛😜😛😜😛

• Yeahh someday.

• Yes, definitely

• Yes. I do.

• Not really. I might change my mind if I meet the right person, but as of now I have no desire to in my life time.

• Nope, and never but thats not becuz i can't stick to one person...
    I've seen so many bad relationships or married people that argue or get into fights all the time, Like my parents they're never happy, I think that effected me a lot. So yeah I wanna stay single forever.

• accidentally voted up. ever wonder why they got married?

• Lol i noticed there's this 1 guy that down voted almost all the answers.

• “If a relationship doesn’t work out, it’s usually not because of the challenges. It’s usually because the relationship wasn’t strong enough to begin with.”

What Guys Said 22

• Don't know, if I do, I'll probably sign a prenup, just to be sure.

• Yeah, of course... Nothing more beautiful than being married to a woman who loves you and care about you, and having kids is the best part about that.

Marriage is really worth it if you chose the right one.

• Yes. I'm terrified of wasting time with the wrong woman though. TBH It takes so much connection for me to enter in a relationship, so marriage is in the plans, but isn't going to happen impulsively.

• Some day if she'll sign a prenup. I know too many guys who've been cheated on then burnt in the divorce. Spent years buying a house to see the cheater living there with they guy they slept with. If she signs a prenup then yes

• I used to, but now not so much. Maybe my faith in marriage will be restored, but at this point I don't think so.

• Yes I'd like to get married and have some kids one day

• Eventually.. Right now? No thanks jeff.

• Someday for sure.

• Short yes,
    idea of its great
    long no
    How the world has it set up for mean 2 fail if the relationship fails

• Would be cool at some point. But only if I'm 100% sure she's da shit and marriage material. Because barely a few women are. As are men.

• Yeah I'd like to get married and settle down.

• Someday yes, i want a big fancy love actually wedding and have my first dance a Bachata number

• Yes I do. Even though many people say spare the pain, to live with the person u love for the rest of ur life is undeniably tempting, don't u think?

• I'm getting married to an absolute sweetheart of a woman.

• yeah. it's gotta be better then the life i have now.

• Yes )))))))))

• I used to but now im not so sure.

• I am on the fence on the matter.

• Yes of course.

• No. I don't want to make my life that complicated.

• Sure wanna have little Satans

• No. People are filth. This world is too fucked up and disgusting.

I've seen good marriages and bad -- nothing about the good marriages outweighs the possible (and *likely* bad).

Fuck marriage. Fuck women. Fuck men. People are trash and should be put down, much less married off.