What do you think of my Conspiracy thery?

I have been a teacher for over 20 years.

In my time in the profession I have seen a marked watering down of the curriculum making me question why?

The conclusion I come too is it is an attempt by Governments to 'dumb down' the populous so as to allow them more freedom to do insidious acts without the usual questioning from the man/woman in the street

Thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 3

• you're definitely on to something

• My son got in trouble in the eighth grade for arguing with a history teacher for omitting details in lessons. We discussed world events at home and history from various cultures because we feel history is something to learn from and not turn a blind eye to. At the conference this teacher and my husband got into a bad argument in regards to it. I told our son he was correct but not to chastise his teachers anymore.

• it isn't that far-fetched.

What Guys Said 4

• Actually this isn't a conspiracy theory though the government isn't the bad guy. Education in the past 20 years is significantly worse for average and below citizens particularly in urban centers. It's because the makers of textbooks and whatnot increased their prices far beyond inflation and education itself is far, far more expensive than it used to be.

In fact, on this one, the government is actually the good guy trying to constantly write bills that lower the cost for public schools meanwhile private schools tend to only get better and better.

• I'm not one for conspiracy's but I do agree with this one and it's not just in Australia it's all over the world. Luckily not everyone does this in the US each state is able to determine their own educational standards so it still gives me hope for the future that some states and schools keep up to the standard they should.

But it's not just the fault of the government built also society's and us as students and teachers for letting it happen. I believe that educational standard should be raised and that in addition to rewarding people in sports we should pay attention to the smart and intelligent people, encourage them and reward them, grant them opportunities to advance their knowledge get into better schools.

Because you never know the smart kid in school that never gets attention, acknowledgement or opportunities, if he had just been given the chance could bring about the some of or one of the greatest scientific breakthroughs of our generation.

• It's all true..
    They slowly but surely trampling on the masses with little to no resistance. And when you do speak out, other people who you'll trying to help and defend will try an shut you down

• what do you teach man?