Are bars any fun at all?

okay I am turning 21 soon and I never really got the teenage experience as in drinking at house parties. So now that I will be 21 soon I can never drink at a house party and I am forced to drink at bars and the worst part is I can't get drunk or even blackout drunk. Because when everyone's in high school and college they get blackout drunk at least 4 times a week. So are bars any fun. I am just upset that I won't be able to ever go to a house party or get drunk because no one on earth has ever gotten drunk over the age of 21

Most Helpful Girl

• I know a lot of people who get drunk over 21. So that's a little false. As for bars, they aren't my scene so I couldn't tell you. They're a bit overrated in my opinion. I would rather drink at home with friends.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's just a matter of opinion and what you like. Some people are into bars and some aren't. I always preferred parties over bars. I went to bars and clubs sometimes, but they weren't really my thing. Plus they cost five times as much to drink. It's easy to blow a ton of money at bars. I usually just went for a change of pace or because my friends were going. I probably went to 30-40 parties for every bar I went to.

There are also a lot of different kinds of bars/clubs. Some are quiet where you can have a few drinks with friends, and talk. Some are for getting totally shit-faced. Some are for dancing. Some are meat markets. Some are for playing pool/darts. Some have pretty good food.

Some have good bands. I know people who are into music and listening to local bands. Sometimes they just go for the music and don't even drink.

Just because you are turning 21 doesn't mean you should go out drinking. It's perfectly OK to not drink. If you are hanging out with people who black out 4 time a week then you are hanging with the wrong people. That's completely over the top even at your age. I was a heavy partier and very few people could keep up with me, but I only had 2-3 blackouts in my life.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• Clubs are a million times better mate, dancing and beautiful women! 👍

• I have been in many, many times with my friends. Most boring thing you can do. I don't understand whats so entertaining about it and ended many friendships because all they wanted to do is going to for a coffee in during midday and continue with alcohol when it's dark.

• what the fuck are you talking about?