Is this a bad movie?

My niece was watching Night At The Museum movies she heard some of the characters on there saying hell now she's saying it. Her mom says it's bad. She also said that this shouldn't even be a kids show. I don't think it's bad I love those movies. Her mom said she's not allowed to watch them anymore. I love them I think they're the funniest and the best movies ever. When she started to say it her mom asked her where she got it from she said the movie and the cowboy was saying it. He's her favorite character she's always trying to act like him. She's only 3. I first saw it when it came in theaters I was 14. I dont even remember they're being bad words in it. It's been a while since I've seen them I haven't even seen the 3rd one yet but I'm wanting to. Is it really that bad?

Most Helpful Girl

• The movies aren't to blame, the parenting is. My kid watches movies with bad words in them, and I have explained to her that we don't say those words because some people don't like them and they're silly. So even when she hears people down the street say it (who I can't control) she knows they're "silly" words and we won't repeat them. And she's 3! So if the parent can't teach the child, the film isn't to blame, nor is any media, the parent is.

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh jeeze... There are a lot worse things she could be saying, but maybe those movies are a bit much for a 3 year old...
    I don't really find any word offensive but can understand not wanting a 3 yr old going around saying things that other people might find rude or offensive, it might make your aunt feel like people will think she's a bad parent.
    Maybe try and get your niece to say "heck" in place of "hell" and wait a few more years for movies beyond Pixar /Disney type stuff?

What Girls Said 3

• and this is why 3 year olds shouldn't be watching movies with cuss words in them.. because theyre not mature or old enough to understand that just because someone on tv says it doesn't mean its ok for them to say it
    your niece shouldn't be watching movies like that
    she will pick up parts of the movie and try to imitate some of the characters so its not good for her to pick up the language of what she's watching or how the characters behave

• That's ridiculous! Those movies are the best! Who cares if Owen Wilson says H E double hockey sticks? His voice is too cute to care. And who doesn't love a little Dick Van Dyke? He's a legend!!! I saw the third one in the theater by myself! Literally by myself. No one else was in the entire theater but me. It was great.

Sorry your niece said hell.

• It's not a bad movie, but I don't think it's recommended for a 3-year-old kid, not because of the language (which I honestly don't think is a problem at all) but because of the plot, which might be a bit too much for her.

What Guys Said 2

• tell her mom she's being a pussy. also, it's pretty good for a movie with nicholas cage in it

• For an infant it might be.