Why is slut shaming seen as a bad thing?

You act a certain you deserve what you get. You got it coming, personally I have no sympathy. IS it just me or are the only ones with a problem with it the actually sluts themselves?

Most Helpful Girl

• When people make decisions especially those that are disputable , they have to learn to bare the consequences and deal with it.

In a perfect world , I'd sleep with one hundred men and get called pure , saint , sweet etc.

In a perfect world , I'd drink until I gave myself organ failure and get called great woman , smart and wise.

In a perfect world , I'd strip for a living and get called respectable , wife material etc.

People need to understand that's unrealistic.
    Opinions will formulate about someone , especially when they are choosing actions that have the ability to affect others.

Although shaming is never okay , it comes with the territory.
    Asking not to be shamed is like asking for racism to stop.
    It simply won't.
    Can it improve over time? Yes.
    Will it ever stop? No.

Most Helpful Guy

• The problem lies within the fact that sex shouldn't be something we bar based on how we want to see the world. No one performs "sport shaming" when a sports maniac who loves a team more than anyone paints himself blue and yellow. No one says "he had it coming" when someone assaults him for his fanaticism due to their own fanaticism ( www.huffingtonpost.com/news/nfl-fan-violence/ it's real ). Sex is a lot more fundamental than sports and no one is beating anything but the pussy up. And the pussy likes it.

What Girls Said 12

• Shaming anyone for anything is not helpful or productive. 1. The people "shaming" others, aren't f-ing perfect themselves, so should they be shamed for every perceived flaw in their behaviour or personality? 2. People don't attempt to change if they are shamed, they just resent more and more people for treating them so poorly. You need to support and accommodate change, not judge others.

• Sex isn't a bad thing and shouldn't be treated like it is. Slut shaming is bullshit actually shaming anyone is stupid and needs to stop altogether. People really need to mind their own buisness and stop talking shit about others. As long as both people are of age and are smart enough to practice safe sex then that's what matters. Unless you don't like sex you don't really get a say anyways.

• I don't believe that putting anybody down is the way to solve an issue. I believe education and understanding is. I don't sit there and tell assholes what assholes they are all of the time and I don't tell dumb people how dumb they are - because it doesn't fix the problem. If people do things that don't affect you and you have no intent on helping change their behavior in an effective and positive way, then it's pointless and poorly reflects at you.

• Okay fine. Just like you said if you act a certain way you deserve what you get. So okay go ahead and put a slutty girl on blast I mean she deserves it, right?

But guess what then you'll be known as an asshole because you deserve tgat title just like the girl deserves to be known as a slut.

• I guess it's because everyone is entitled to live their life the way they want? If a girl wants to fuck a bunch of different dudes that's her business you know? And I mean, you don't see guys getting called sluts because they get a lot of pussy, they usually get praised for it.

• it's just a waste of time. don't you have anything better to do than criticize someone's lifestyle choice? i can think of at least ten things i'd rather be doing.

• IS it just me or are the only ones with a problem with people doing what they want with their own body the actually assholes themselves?

• I just don't see the point. Like how does it effect you?

• why trash someone who never insulted you? it just makes u look really jealous. most people don't care since they have their own lives.

• Sex isn't anything bad, chill out

• Why is it that a man can fuck 10 bitches and be praised , but a woman fucks 10 guys and be called a whore? Why is it that a guy can walk around in just his shorts , but if a girl walks around in just her shorts she'd be arrested and verbally abused?

• I'm pretty sure you have sex with sluts. You are no better than them. I'm pretty sure you are a hypocrite and your list of STDs is so long it makes the last Harry Potter novel look short

What Guys Said 8

• Because shaming someone won't fix anything. All it does os create resentment. You create resentment, prepare for no remorse... or mercy. Feminazis are, in a way, a monster created by men who do this. Besides, you don't have to have sex with them, so why are you complaining? Because it's immoral? So is binge drinking, looking at porn, hating your brothers and sisters, and loving money, so what's you're point, exactly?

• Yes and no. A person being a slut won't affect how I feel about them as a person but I would never date a slut, I personally would only have sex with someone I care for and certainly no one night stands and I want a partner with similar views.

• please, go on and tell me how this affects you.

• It just shows you have no self integrity and don't value your body at all.

• How is having sex "not valuing your body"? It's natural, and there's no reason anyone should feel bad for liking it

• @Elle2016 having sex with multiple guys when not in a relationship is just trashy I'm sorry lol. Sex is for married couple, not for people with no self control

• I respect your decision to sleep with people only when married. You should respect others' decisions to not do that. We all have different morals, and only bad things happen when you hold others to your own morals.

• Calling someone a slut is a matter of opinion. Ok they might have slept with a lot of people but in what space of time etc could be a factor or some people even say if a girl talks to a lot of guys she is a slut but is she really?

• If a girl is being a slut... Doing everything to everyone in sight let her know... It will work out better for her when all those guys no longer want her..

Same with a guy being a player

• cause a lock that lets load of keys open it is useless

• It's clear that you like casual sex.