Guys, do you believe girls when they say they dress only for themselves?

And not for guys?

• I do believe girls that say that
  • I do not believe them
  • Depends on the girl (explain please)
  • I'm a girl (for results)

Most Helpful Girl

• I can believe they are dressing for themselves so they can get attention from other people. If your wearing anything to look hot or to make yourself look better. Not only are you doing it to make urself feel better and hotter but your wanting others to notice it. So they aren't just doing it for themselves.

Now if they go out in shorts, normal shirt, and no make up. Basically you can tell they aren't trying to impress. So like when I go to town I just wear a baggy shirt, shorts, and no make up. I don't care if I look like shit I don't want to get any attention at all.

Most Helpful Guy

• in most cases I don't believe it.

In might be directly for themselves, to feel good, but indirectly it's for other people.

Unless the girl consistently puts in as much effort to look sexy when home alone as she does when she goes out, I find it hard to believe it's just for themselves.

Normally people are lazy with their appearance when they stay in and put in a lot more effort when they go out. So they seem to care more about their appearance when they know they will be- seen by other people-.

A lot of girls say "oh I just want to feel sexy for myself".

ok... what does it mean to be "sexy"?
    and why do they care if they are "sexy"?

From what I understand, sexy mean that you are sexually desirable, that your appearance elicits a sexual response.

So who do they want to feel sexually desirable to? who are they trying to elicit a sexual response from?

themselves? do they find themselves sexually desirable? do they want to elicit a sexual response from themselves?

I think it makes more sense that they want to feel validated by other people. Not nessesarily all men, just men that they want... and women too! I think it's a competition and that women often get off at knowing she's more desirable than the woman next to her. To know that other women envy her. I think a lot of them like that.

What Girls Said 6

• Well well, we ladies couldn't read today. It's a pet peeve when people answer something not under their account gender.

Ok, so for me, I have very little friends at school. My friends are at my apartment. And my boyfriend visits every few weeks. So, I have few female friends (some I don't see but maybe 3 times a week) and 0 guy friends to impress.

When I do my make up and dress nice, it's for me. I have no one to impress. I just feel low, no self confidence, if my hair is a mess, my clothes aren't flattering, and my face isn't complimented in some way (ex. blush or mascara)

For example, I often look best on Tuesday because I have more time to get ready. On Tuesday I have 1 class and no friends in there, and so I don't talk to anyone. I dress up because I stay at school and work in the computer labs, and I just want to feel pretty (plus I had the time to doll up) in front of my computer screen.

So, I know I've been there, where I dress up or do my hair or makeup because I'm wanting a guy to notice me/am flirting with a guy. But that isn't the case at all for me in college. And I'm a junior.

• I personally dress for no one but myself. I don't care what others think of me and I would rather dress for comfort than style.

• Yeah I like to make myself feel go sometimes! I dress really bad sometimes okay most of the time.

• I believe it because if we were dressing for guys we'd go naked

• I do because for me I have to feel beautiful before I can act beautiful.

• I dress for myself. Mostly so I can stare at my ass when I walk by the library windows lol

What Guys Said 8

• Yes I do, and when they say "dress only for themselves" what they really mean is dress only for themselves to be noticed by cute guys.

• I'm pretty sure a lot of girls dress up so that they feel or for people to tell them that they're prettier than other girls

• I know its horse shit but eh I am not concerned about it.

• Of course not.

• Yeah I believe them

• I don't believe. They dress for other girls.

• I don't believe it. They dress for other girls.

• If it makes me look at them like this

http://i.4cdn.org/b/1448769993551.gif

they did it on purpose.

• They dress for themselves and for other women and for guys depending on the situation and their inclination. They certainly don't just dress for guys.