If a song has the N word in it, are white people not allowed to sing it?

I have this song stuck in my head and the title of the song is literally "Niggas"
I feel like i shouldn't be singing the song though because im white lol

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're uncomfortable singing it because of the origin of the word then don't. And if you're in public just be mindful and respectful of the people around you. Most black people won't say anything if you sing or rap lyrics with the word nigga in it but believe me they will look at you sideways. context is key and a nigga is a very real thing in existence (an ignorant individual) and black Americans have been so conditioned under slavery and post slavery to believe that they wasn't shut that it is normal to use the word in everyday conversation. I am black and the word is still very negative to me and when I do use it it is always in a negative sense. I'm trying to stop using it period but it is difficult with how ingrained in the culture it is.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 3

• Use it. They're fine with selling and profiting off it, so I don't think they care. Or in my opinion, they shouldn't care because they proved that profits are more important to them than people. Even their own people.

• You can sing it, it is just a word to me.

• Who the fuck cares, sing it if you want to. Its just a word, context is everything...

What Guys Said 12

• They are allowed to sing it in my opinion. If they weren't ok with white people using that word during song then they should have set an example of some sort by not using that word in their lyrics in the first place.

• I have white friends who say it in songs, it's in the song so it's whatever.

• I say go for it. I mean I don't like the word, but the whole "It's our word and white people can't say it" thing is a complete double standard.

• You can do whatever you want in America.
    Oh wait not anymore because of the PC crowd.

• I'll say the word nigga if I want to, and if black people don't like it, they can go fuck themselves.

• Correctamundo!

filler

• Well if i started singing a song called faggots should i expect a gay person to not be offended. But go on its not like white people can ruin anything else

• If it's ok to sells song with niggas in it, EVERYONE should be able to sing the sing.

• If this could be the only problem white people have today...

• yes, who the fuck cares.

• No, you should only be singing songs with the term "cracker" in it. Strange that anyone of any race can use it and it not be considered racist.

• yes ma ni**a