I want to be a guy online?

Im not trans. Im happy being a girl in real life.
there's this website im on, and on the website i like being a guy better. I tell everyone my name is Justin and I introduce myself as a guy. I never tell them im a girl unless we get really close. Usually everyones fine with it.
Its not that I want to catfish people, I just geniunely enjoy being on there than a guy better as a girl. I also find i get many more friend requests and messages when im a guy.
Is this wrong?

as a guy* not than
better then as a girl* -_-

Most Helpful Guy

• I see where you're coming from. Let's just say, if you've ever been on b. net or any other forums, girls get SWARMED. And I mean just swarmed. Unless you're part of a respectible group, it gets weird fast. Being a guy is no problem online, they won't know the truth, but personally, if I did become friends with someone online, I'd like to know their a girl if they're pretending to be a guy. I see getting more requests and messages for that reason is legit. I don't think it's wrong at all, you go for it girl, all is well.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 11

• Lol.. Thats the beauty of the internet.. Being anonymous (except to the gvnmt).. But i get it... This girl in a game i used to play said she should advertise she's a girl to recruit.. So i got the bright idea to say im a girl to try and get new members.. I couldnt beleive the responses i got (not always in a good way).. So i completly understand.. U will never meet anyone online unless u want to or your very careless.. So if u like it better, gopher it

• Just don't do like the girls (and guys) on this site and troll as the opposite gender. Such examples include:

"Teehee im just a girl, any other girls have this experience? Totally not a guy phishing for jerk material"

And

"I'm just a man with a penis who did some obviously made up terrible thing to a female. Cool? Or the coolest?"

It you're just being chill i see no harm

• I have one account on game as a girl and trust me! Some guys give me so much stuff for free in game, which is like really hard to make. But they are sort of expert at it. Lolo loll

• Yes, it is wrong. You may not consider it to be catfishing, but you are technically lying when you say something you're not.

• I'm surprised you get more friend requests as guy haha

well, as long as you don't post fake pics and invent stuff I guess it's okay

• You got spilt personality's ^^

• What do you gain out of being perceived as a guy?
    I'm a little confused lol.

• Plot twist, she is actually a guy.

• Plot twist TWIST! gender reassignment at birth! Still actually a girl!

• It's still catfishing. It's pretty dishonest. A lot of guys are online posing as girls, screwing with guys' heads. I assume either approach is equally wrong.

• Whats the website called

• Your father should put you on a leash and take away all your privileges

What Girls Said 3

• Maybe a little wrong but you're not the only one. My friend used to do this too.

• You're 14... You'll grow up to be a creep... Isolated from reality and from the world, stuck inside a screen with your fake friends. ... Sounds like an awful future for you.

• Uh I'm not really sure. I do that while playing RPGs and pick male characters but not when I acually want to interact with people