Can the due date be three weeks off?

My girl is having a baby. At first we were told February 18 now we're being told January 24. Can they be that far off? I've heard of them being a few days up to a week off. But almost a month? My girl cycle was regular... If that matters.

EXTRA INFO:
She didn't tell me about the new due date. Her cousin came over and said so this 8 mons went by quick huh? I said no 7 mons. She said that's not what I heard. I asked my girl, who then said oh yeah, they changed my due date.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes after a dating scan they change it. Before a dating scan they judge it by her last period... It's not always reliable, that's why you usually should wait for the dating scan to be sure.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 4

• Are you worried she cheated on you or something? The estimated due date doesn't usually change after it is given but babies come early all the time.

• I'm worried she got pregnant on purpose. We were breaking up. But she was taking that really bad. Finally I decided she needed to see a therapist. Suddenly she pregnant. So I'm staying.

• It most definitely can be. Are you worried you're not the father?

• No, not that.

• Tough situation. I hope you guys figure things out amicably. Forgot to add... congrats on the new baby coming! 🍼

• It can happen.

• Please elaborate as I've NEVER heard of this kind of variance in the U. S. Within the past 29 years.

• The baby isn't due yet. The Dr gave an estimate when we first went in. Now they changed it to 2 weeks earlier. I asked her why such a big jump. She said she doesn't know.

• Don't worry too much. If your girlfriend does regular checkups and relax she should be fine. Dates are usually inaccurate!.

• It can happen. Originally, they said my sister in law was due at the end of May but she had her baby three weeks before the original due date.

• That's different, my sister was a premie. The baby decided to come on her own time. I'm saying the Dr said one date and I know that's based on last day of cycle, I went to that appt. the second I didn't go to and wasn't told about the change.

I guess I wanted to know if the Dr could have counted wrong or she gave a wrong last cycle date.

• Right. They told her May 28th the first time, then further along said she was due May 7th. That was before my nephew was born, and he wasn't a premie. Doctors can sometimes get the date wrong, they're human (heck, my doctor was convinced I was pregnant, and I haven't even had sex! They made me take all the tests that came back positive, but it was something else causing that).

That's not cool you weren't told about the change.

• No it wasn't cool at all. I'm telling people 7 mons and she telling 8 mons. Smh. Thank you for responding.

What Guys Said 0