Do you take serious anything that comes from a US high schooler here in GaG?

I refer to US high schoolers because k-12 education in the US is known to be far behind compared to many other countries.

I also notice that they tend to come up with the most... not so smart questions/comments.

Most Helpful Girl

• YES I DO~! Sometimes they see things older people don't see... you know the simple thing you can't see bc your blind with love or something. Sometimes they have experince but its limited because they only seen immature guy n not guy like the one in college!

Most Helpful Guy

• Well... I have met some really smart people who were actually high school dropouts. And I have also come across people from MIT or Harward, who were dumbasses when it came to common sense and presence of mind.

Education doesn't really matter, and doesn't influence how smart people are.

• Primary and secondary education does.

• Hmmm... my experience has been different in this matter.

What Girls Said 2

• yes i do. they are humans too.

• Meh, there is unintelligent people from all countries. As for taking people seriously, I don't take people seriously on the internet in general, regardless of where they are from.

What Guys Said 5

• The way I try to approach GaG and its users is I view each question/opinion/take/comment as an individual input then judge it on content rather than who gave it.
    I feel that there are good and bad in every sub group of GaG users.

• Sometimes. I listen to what's said before I take age into account. Wisdom is wisdom in my book. I don't care if it comes from a 16 year old. I was a deep thinker at 15. My writing skills just sucked xD.
    When I read my old papers I had some very deep thoughts hidden amongst the hundreds of grammatical errors lol.

I also read eloquently stated bullshit from a lot of people in their 20s.

• i dont take anyone serious on the internet. also, trust me, i have enough friends and met enough people from enough places in the world to know that they are no dumber than the rest of the world.

• They are. Even Mexico, my father worked there for a few years in my country's embassy.
      In eight grade I was already taking calculus, intro to physics, intro to inorganic chemistry and biology. It was a public school (the private ones were catholic). And there is no "advanced" placement and such, everyone follows the standard curriculum.

• yeah, the accent, but that's it. i have plenty of friends from both those countries and they had no better grades or didn't know any more than others. are you sure you're 30-35?

• oh I am sure and I have lived in various countries.

• Of course lol.

• I barely take things seriously from people my own age. (I'm 20, almost 21)

• Well, so do I when talking about your country. That's college age more or less, but it is also "bro" and party time.

• I'm not one of those.