Has anyone here ever made their own pizza from scratch?

If so, how long did it take and how did it turn out?

http://cdn.firstwefeast.com/assets/2014/10/pizza-cheese.gif

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I have. I usually prepare the dough a day before so the dough gets extra big and soft. But when the dough is done and out of the way, kneading it for a bit then adding all the toppings before it's chucked in the oven takes 30 minutes. Cooking it would be 15 minutes

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 11

• @Bards makes amazing homemade pizza. We have anecdotal evidence.

• oh that would be cool!

• Yep and it was an orgasm in my mouth. The kind I made was chicken alfredo pizza
    lmld.org/.../alfredo-pizza-010.jpg

• I actually haven't thad chicken alfredo pizza before

Ill have to remember to try it next time i order out

• It depends, are you making the base too or just putting toppings on?

• Yea I do it all the time. Turns out yummy.

• All day everyday :) and it tasted darn good! Didn't take long to make either :)

• Sure I make homemade pizza whenever my sister is over for the weekend

• I can make myself a frozen pizza but I can't make a pizza from scratch

• No but I've always wanted to

• The first AND last time I tried it with my female friend, it didn't go very well. We ended up throwing flour at each other and laughing like silly children x_x.

• My mom does...

• does she make the dough and the sauce from scratch too?

how long does it take alter and does it tastes better than your local pizza places?

• The dough, yes; the sauce, no. I'm not sure, maybe a couple of hours.

• Sorry, I was busy driving. Anyway, she makes a few; the first ones always turn out better than the last for some reason. Overall, they do taste better.

What Guys Said 7

• Not difficult, but it takes time to knead the dough and let it rise. It was far better than 99% of commercial pizzas, because all the ingredients were high quality, no fillers, really good cheese.

• Yes, I have! The first few times, it wasn't all that good. Then I discovered the secret ingredient: Garlic! I haven't done so for a while, but now I kind of want to. It takes a really long time though if you want to do it completely right. Probably four to five hours (so the dough can rise).

• No, but I've been wanting to, especially if I could make it more on a consistent basis. However, it seems not to be worth it for all the trouble I have to go through just to make one. Granted, if I kept making them, I suppose it wouldn't be so bad. I'd prefer to make other food, though.

• yeah its not a hard thing to do. the sauce takes the longest time peeling tomatoes is kind of a pain in the ass.

• turned out ok but it's a waste of time

• Bought the sauce. THough i've made pasta sauce from scratch.

Crust, yeah, lots of times. Turned out great. Toppings were better too, they just don't use great quality cheese and meats etc. when you order.

• Is there a huge difference between pasta sauce and pizza sauce?

• But other than texture I feel like they are the same.

Do you do anything special with the crust, like using seasonings or lightly coating it with butter?

• touch of garlic salt, then bake like 2-3 minutes.

Then sauce, then cheese (actual mozzarella, don't ask what most places are using.), then good quality meat, some vegetables, usually some sauteed shallots, a little grated parmigiano reggiano, and in the oven.

• Yes I did, I have a gluten allergy, and the gluten free crusts suck. I've been experimenting with my own recipes, total time about 45 mins, about 35 mins if your cheese is already shredded, if you get it right it tastes amazing! Way better than takeout!