Is it shallow of me to want a man who isn't as emotional as I am?

Sometimes I overthink or I can be overemotional, so generally I'm drawn to gsya who aren't because they help keep me grounded/balanced. But do you think this is hypocritical of me?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know whether the answer should be yes or no. I mean it could be yes because that is rather discriminatory based purely on your opinion but then again it could be no simply because it is just one of many criteria, both explicit and implicit even unto yourself, that are present.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, not at all. You only want one person in the relationship that's over-emotional, and it's great that you can acknowledge that, and you want someone to balance you, not have the two of you overeating lol I'm a bit the same and I want a man who can stay calm and keep me calm.

What Guys Said 2

• No, it's ok but I really do hate women doing that to me... Because I am a guy with strong emotions and I read people well and I'm sensitive.

• no its good balance.

What Girls Said 1

• how on earth is that hypocritical? u want a man who can balance out your emotion with a level head himself. that's totally fine. =]