Does anyone feel 100% certain that god isn't real?

Is there anyone here who is 100% convinced that god is nothing more than a fictional character?

How do you know for sure?

• I'm sure 100%
  • It's highly unlikely anything more than a fictional character but I can't be certain
  • I actually believe in god and am sure it's real
  • I say prayers just in case but I'm not confident it's anything other than a fictional character

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm pretty much 100% sure yeah

What Girls Said 4

• I 100 percent believe god is just a fuckin lie!

• Nobody can be 100% certain because, although the possibility is very unlikely, evidence for "god" could be found in the future. It's why I'm personally agnostic

• Rationally, I don't believe in God, but because I was brought up Christian there is still this nagging feeling in the back of my mind that he might still be real.

• It might be unlikely, but I do not know for certain. There might be a possibility, might not be. That's why I'm agnostic.

What Guys Said 16

• As much as I love the idea of a higher power. Angels of my family and all my friends that I lost actually watching over me, smiling down on me, watching my back, spending time with me in spiritual form without me knowing, etc.
    I know it all can't be true. 100% of my heart wants to believe in it but 100% of my brain tells me that it's not true. I love that idea logic. I want it to be real so bad. I think about it a lot. I've tried many ways to get in touch with spirituality, religion, and faith. Just to see if it's something I can actually feel myself, just to see what the hype is about. Hopefully I could see my grandma again or my best friend. I tried desperately. I even prayed about it.
    However when I actually think about it, there's more to things being real and true than just faith. I can't make things exist from just believing in it, just like how I can't make something not exist from not believing in it. When you have questions, it's definitely best to search for answers yourself. I've never really felt god in my life.

• Yeah and if they were really there, what if they could see you jacking off? Wouldn't that be weird?

• I have actually thought of that, haha! Look away grandma!

• Yes I do believe God is real. Can I prove it? No.. Just as I can't prove the air I breath is what keeps me alive , beyond my beliefs that it is. I can't prove the existence of God any more than those who say there is no existence can prove that there isn't... It all an opinion based on beliefs

• I see what you're saying but it wasn't a very good example because air is actually pretty easy to prove

• Actually it is isn't it

• I don't believe in it/him/her... but im 100% sure no one is 100%. @SmoMan puts it perfectly... either way... that person is crazy.

• I don't tend to doubt God or at least the existence of some higher metaphysical power given that it seems exceedingly arrogant to assume that reality is confined solely to that which can be perceived by our five senses which we already know are extremely susceptible to being fooled. Hence my distaste for atheism in the strict sense and the underlying materialist worldview. However, I do tend to doubt the validity of religion, particularly those such as Islam and some forms of Christianity that assign Hellfire to those who don't belong to their religion. I tend to think that whether or not we are good people has more bearing on the eternal fate of our soul than which religion we belong to, and that religion probably only matters in so far as it helps us to be good people. Hence why I'm Eastern Orthodox Christian, since this concept of salvation is similar to what we call Theosis in Orthodox soteriology, and since many of the Fathers such as Ss. Gregory of Nyssa, Basil the Great, and Origen of Alexandria adhered to some form of hopeful universalism.

• I vote B.
    If there is a god I dont think its the one in the bible, I see god as more of a silent observer. That god created everything and is just observing letting things take their natural course without interference. That's IF there is a god, I'm open to both possibilities. I think its arrogant to say definitively one way or the other.

• Anyone who says they are 100% sure one way or the other is kind of crazy.

• There's a deep debate going on right noe actually. Over what constitutes crazy in regards to this

• I've never believed in God. Got raised with being told he didn't exsit, and I'm fine with that

• @Jessie1DLM sounds like you had good parents to me.

• I don't feel that God is not real. I know that God is not real. How? 'God' is a contradiction in terms: an existent outside of existence.

• I don't think it's real. I used to believe because that's what I was brought up to believe. As I grew up I started to see thatgod may be as real as Santa clause and reindeer. Just a way to keep people in line maybe.

• Are you saying there are no reindeer?

• I've never seen them, but I would rather believe in them than a god lol

• I don't care about the percent but I'm pretty much personally sure there isn't one.

• I am 100% sure that he is real

• 99.9% sure.

Anyone who claims they know for a fact that a god either exists or doesn't exist is a lunatic (yes, an atheist called a gnostic atheist a lunatic).

• I know he's real no question in my mind.

• Was there a particular moment you experienced which affirmed your faith?

• Some amazing accounts for sure. Thanks for sharing. Keep the faith.

• Thanks. you got it I'm iron man when it comes to my faith!

• Voted B, because that's my opinion.

• I'm certain there is no God, or at least not as any of the current religions describe it.

• No one knows unkess u are one yourself

• You mean unless you're a fictional character yourself?

• No it might be real wow u are really slow in the head

• What do you mean by slow in the head? Like my head moves really slowly in comparison to the rest of my body?

• I'm 100% that no angels are wasting their time "looking after" the genetic deadends here.

• What about snow angels?

• I know right. But I was kind of hoping you were going to say something along the lines of "snow angels are just made by lyinv down in the snow and moving your arms and legs. They aren't real angels" and I was going to write back "you mean snow angels aren't... aren't really real? :( "

And then see how much longer I could keep the nonsense going.

• I should make one of those this year.