Playing video games at 22 alright?

I used to be a gamer in high school. World of warcraft.. all that jazz. Got out of it after high school pretty quickly. I'm 22 now and haven't play video games in years. I think I would feel like a manchild if I start playing again. In the evenings when the day is over. Want to buy an xbox one and get surround sounds and make it bada$$.

• Video games are absolutely fine @ your age
  • You're too old for video games
  • All in moderation.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• There are games that are way more mature as in story, than many movies. The Last of Us is an example; I've never seen a movie similar to what that game portrayed and made us feel.
    Some people still see video games as games for childs, and they're absolutely wrong. Though there are games for kids, there's also games for adults, just like movies.
    Video games aren't just plain moving around shooting something, they now have a story, characters to relate to, morals and ethics...
    It's totally fine to be 22 and play games, even if you're 60, it's been proven that gamea help with diseases like Alzheimer.
    I'll ve a video game designer (hopefully), and I'll keep playing games till my eyes can't take it anymore.
    All in moderation of course, games can't be a priority, they have to be a hobby for when you have nothing more important to do.

What Girls Said 12

• Nothing wrong with having a hobby no matter your age. And besides, video games are fun.

• Just be careful not to over do it!

• Your never to told to play video games!

Though make sure you don't become extremely addicted to just playing them. lol

• I love video games! although I'm 20, but still, I have a 360 and an xbox one and play everything from GTA, to blops 2 and 3 and FO4 I need more games but those are my main plays at the moment ☺

• All in moderation. There's nothing sexy about a guy who would rather play video games than play with me. But everyone needs some kind of fun release at times.

• It's fine, I play video games, all the time ;)

• Playing video games is fine. As long as you do other things as well.

• Yeah sure its just a hobby

• LOL video games are for all ages. Otherwise, there wouldn't be games like Outlast or The Forest. These games are only of the horror genre, but there are countless other genres for people your age.

• You're never too old for video games

• Seriously, my brother is 28 and he is an avid Assassins (and other games) gamer. Of course it shouldn't start interfering with your normal day-to-day activities and social life.

• I say they are totally fine at any age. I hope to still be gaming until I can no longer use a mouse and keyboard or controller.

What Guys Said 14

• Voted A. Dude, don't over-think. I'm 29, and I do play games - a lot! Have been a fan of gaming for almost 2 decades now.

I do ensure that I only play during my free time, and I'm not addicted to games. As long as gaming does not interfere with your daily routine, it shouldn't be a problem. I'm pretty sure I'll continue playing games for as long as it's physically possible for me!

• I mean... video games are certainly more enriching than watching football all weekend. You are solving puzzles or using your imagination or coming up with strategies depending on the games you play. Watching tv and sports is fine, but I feel like your mind is going to be more sharpened by an interactive leisure experience than one that doesn't involve any mental stimulation. I play a lot of video games and no one has ever had an issue with it.

• Totally fine. There are times when I feel like going back to that stuff for a little while. I still have my PlayStation in my room. Haven't used it in years. When I was bored there were times when I felt like plugging it in, turning it on, and playing some old games. Good memories. Totally fine of having feelings and actually going back that stuff every once in a while.

• http://www.theaveragegamer.com/averagegamers/

You're almost a decade younger than the average age of gamers. If you start playing online games, you may get called "sonny".

• Well, I'm 30 and I game often, hell I have an xbone in my office. I feel like a man child and I'm okay with that.

• One of the best decisions my entire life I made was to put away the video games and childish shit and read/work out instead.

• i think so... hope so since i'm 33 and play video games occassionally

• Nothing wrong with playing video games at 22, I still do. Just don't overdo it though and like ignore your girlfriend or anything.

• I still play video games. You gonna get to old to watch movies or anything else? I forgot maturity means being old and boring.

• of course it's fine... I know people double your age who play video games. it has nothing to do with your age and with every generation older people will play games

• im 30 and i still play video games. there's nothing wrong with it.

• I don't see anything wrong with it. There are benefits to gaming and I see many people older than you playing games. Age don't matter!

• Everything in moderation yea.

There is still a fun world out there.

• Playing video games for an hour or two is no worse than watching tv for an hour or two.