Should I put "Model" in my CV?

So I'm applying for graduate jobs and I did model from when I was a teen until I was a junior in college. I did put it in originally but I got a lot of interviews and a lot of people asked questions about it and not all of it positive.
I mean it was mostly positive. I think most people ok with it or even impressed. But the interviewer for the job I really wanted was quite irritated by it, which I think is big part of why I didn't get the job. He said "Don't you think it's unprofessional there are pictures of you in underwear out there?" and well I told him I wasn't ashamed of my choices. But still I do wonder if i should put in my CV? I feel especially men, and I work in a male dominated area, don't react well to it

I don't really have gaps in my resume, just one year between high school and college, which most would probably assume to be a gap year. Which it was, in a way. I traveled a lot, I volunteered for a bit a as well, I just additionally went to a lot of castings and had some jobs.
As I said I'm not ashamed of it and they just need to google my name to see the pictures, but maybe I shouldn't draw more attention to it?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would think guys would be more bothered about it if they were considering dating you versus if they were just looking to hire you but I guess they could have a problem if they dont want you to be a representation of their company :/

• why would it bother them if I was dating them?
      I'm applying for graduate jobs in IT, i'm hardly representing the company

• Well I never said your problems were because of the pictures, I only said that it could be.
      Personally I do assume if a girl models that she sleeps around.

If you can't even get dates, thenyour problem is likely unrelated to your modeling pictures. I can see a model possibly struggling to KEEP dates, but I can't imagine her having trouble GETTING dates. So there's got to be something else.

• thanks for mho

What Guys Said 3

• I think it's best if you put it there because if they are fussy like the other guy, they would go bonkers if they find out about it later and that will create unnecessary tensions for u at the workplace

• Depends what jobs you're applying for, if it's totally irrelevant to the job, I wouldn't bother.

• no, not relevant at all. I've just been advised by the careers office to list all jobs I've had even the unrelated ones, but I guess they were more thinking about waiting tables or flipping burgers

• Yeah haha, If it's deterring people, it's not worth it, especially if it's not relevant to the job you're applying for.

• Those guys sound like fags.

What industry are you in?

• IT , getting a degree in computer science

• The first one was a joke and I did choose my major based on my interests. The industry relevant jobs I've done so far were also nice enough

• You probably have low standards.

What Girls Said 3

• Honestly, I'm very judgmental. So if I were hiring for a real job, a good one, I wouldn't take modeling seriously. Because from what I hear, those skills and the environment don't translate to real world experiences.
    I could be wrong, but if modeling was the only experience they provided, and I had another applicant who even worked at McDonald's, I'd probably go for the fast food employee. This is if both resumes were identical and skills, education, etc. Just different experience.

• If it's irrelevant to the job you want? Don't put it on. I agree it's nothing to be ashamed of, nor is it unprofessional! It's just irrelevant to the job you want. So I wouldn't put it myself, you don't have to put every single thing and you should try and cater your cv toward getting the job :)

• Career advisors always say that, I used to think the same but when I actually slimmed down my cv to make it more relevant to what I was applying for, I got a lot more interest. Of course make sure there isn't any gaps but don't stick that on unless you're going for a modelling job or something :)

• I would leave it out and if they do a google search and question you just say modeling is a hobby.