Your thoughts on female circumcision?

yeah i didn't even know its a thing. so they get rid of the cliit and the hymennn. they do that for 'girls purity' so what is your thoughts on that?

• should not be done
  • should be done

Most Helpful Guy

• There are different types of female circumcision. Some are "only" removing the clitoral hood which would be equivalent to male circumcision, but it goes up to removing the entire clitoris and more barbaric shit like this.

Definitely a disgusting procedure either way, no matter if its only removing the clitoral hood or even worse.

Most Helpful Girl

• no its stupidity just like men n women shouldn't have to!

What Guys Said 8

• It's barbaric and shouldn't ever be done. Sadly, it's being practiced by increasing numbers of Muslims in Western countries despite it being against the law.

• People should not be cutting bits off kids in an attempt to stop them enjoying sex.
    It's smegging weird... regardless of the gender.

• It shouldn't be done, just like male circumcision. None of them should be done unless the person wants to.

• I think it's barbarism.

• All forms of circumcision are barbarisms that should have stopped when they started; in the bronze age. Babies (both male and female) should not be subject to such barbarism because the man in the sky said it would keep them from touching themselves.

• I'm curious what effect that has long term on genetics.

• ... What? Why would it have a significant effect on genetics?
      It may mess with a womans sex drive, but its mostly practiced in areas when sex isn't up to her anyway it's up to the man so I doubt it will have an effect itself (as opposed to the cultural practices as a whole)

• ... Okay... Yes... because everything effects probability in the vaguest sense... but why do you think that the proceedure will have any large scale effect? What effect do you expect? Why?
      I just don't follow your logic.

• @ThePragmaticRomantic Well this basically forces the woman to be faithful regardless of what she wants so you will essentially be maintaining a higher base level of infidelity genes in the genepool.

• It's pretty sick.

• That takes away the Girls ability to get totally satisfied with Her partner

What Girls Said 9

• It shouldn't be done, the same way male circumcision shouldn't be done (though arguably that's much less extreme) unless there is a medical reason to do so or the person chooses it for themselves. Generally I'm just not a fan of anyone cutting off anything from someone else's body without permission :P

• They don't get rid of the hyme as that isn't actually a real structure. They get rid of the clitoris and the labia.

It's a very large and serious problem in East African rural communities.

• It's awful!!! That shouldn't be allowed unless the girl is of a mature age and wants to do it to themselves it should never be preformed on children or without consent.

• I read a book once about a Muslim girl from Somalia and female circumcision was also a part in the book. It was the most disgusting and heartless book I've ever read and I literally cried already reading about it. It's barbaric and should totally be banned.

• It goes against humanity's morals.

• I don't think male or female circumcision should be done. I think they're both genital mutilation and the right to have a circumcision should be left up to the owner of the penis or vagina when they're an adult or banned entirely.

• I think its wrong on so many levels..

• I want it right now! haha No. It is obviously an abomination that shouldn't exist today.

• I'm against any kind of circumcision.