Does your culture, ethnicity or race play a large role in your identity?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes it does play a large role, it shapes me and my personality :)
    But I still refer to myself as a citizen of the world because I grew up around people from different countries, religions and cultures, I blend well with all the ethnicity I come across.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 6

• Yeah a little but not a lot! I am latina but that doesn't mean I am the stereotype!

• yes it does. I'm hondurean and have been in the US for 8 years, learning English was very difficult for me, people used to make fun of me whether i spoke Spanish or English. but then i decided to just forget about it, and proudly speak English with my accent

• That is good that you over came a lot of things to make it where you are. You write very good. People can be mean sometimes.

• As i mentioned earlier English wasn't my strongest subject, i failed all my English classes when i was a freshmen in college, but ended up learning a lot of awesome things, now im a grammar lover (;

• That is good because it made you stronger. English in college can be very tough. That is cool that your a grammar lover. lol ☺

• I dont think a large role... just a little maybe.. I don't know

• Yeah it does

• I don't let it. I only represent myself and myself only. No race or cultural background attached.

• No not really...

What Guys Said 7

• Not really. I'm a Mexican-American but my ancestors have been here for at least four generations and I was raised more around White people. The only part it plays a complex role in my life is when it comes to religion. Most people are not accustomed to seeing an Eastern Orthodox Christian of a Mexican background as most acquaintances assume I am Roman Catholic and many Greek people aren't fully willing to accept me as a part of their religion.

• It does but only a little, but large role? no.
    It is still a part of who I am though

• by sheer nature of how whites like me are hated, yes.

• No it doesn't at all.
    I don't follow any traditions.

• huge. i dont care what anyone says, race is a huge factor and ignoring this fact only adds to the issue of racism. its ignorant make wishful thinking make belief.

racial hierarchy is real and we should be recognized for our race and ethnicity as well. its not racism at all. truth is people identify you with it but pretend it doesn't exist. what kindve bs pretend is that?

• Yup, iam egyptian and many people think that all arabs are stupid and barbaric.

• Yeah the stereotypes suck. And people believe everything they see or hear without doing there own homework first on stuff.

• And what makes me feel shit that i saw her grandma in sharm el sheikh. lol
      She hates us but loves my country.

• Lol that makes her a very big hyprocate.

• Somewhat yeah.