Were/Are the teen years a smooth or rough transition for you?

My early teens started out very much the same and not at all life-changing. But this year has been a big change for me and I feel stuck between childhood and adulthood. I'm starting to get the freedoms and responsibilities of an adult, but with the nervousness and coping skills of a child. I feel like I'm on a plane to independence that I'm simultaneously trying to fly faster and jump off of.

What was (or is) your transition through the teen years like?

• Smooth
  • Rough

Most Helpful Guy

• to be honest i played so many sports that i never had time for normal teen problems

Most Helpful Girl

• It was rough, i felt older than I was, and constantly was punished for acting older than I was. Also I would always want freedom and never get it, it was weird. It wasn't till I actually turned 20 where I felt more of an adult actually.

What Guys Said 3

• rough, I didn't like them.

• I[m gonna vote 'smooth' because nothing really bad happened.

But psychologically, it was not an easy time.

• Its rough because of the amount of things i have to do that im usually used to my parents doing.. They babyfied me.

What Girls Said 2

• pretty rough. my family moved just at the beginning of those crucial teen years and it really screwed me up.

• These years are still rough for me.