How come people only notice the things you can't do/not good at rather than the things you can do/are good at?

Like for example I would do my chores nobody notices or thanks me. But when I forget to do them my parents notice straight away and get mad at me. Like when I get A's at school, nobody cares or says anything about it. But if I get a C or a B, they notice straight away and are disappointed in me. Why does everyone take notice of my failures, flaws and mistakes but not take much/no notice of my success, accomplishments and strengths?

Most Helpful Girl

• People are bitter, judgmental, and jealous people. They'd rather see someone fail and feel superior and better about themselves then see someone succeed and be made to feel inadequate.

Most Helpful Guy

• Chores? Because you are expected to do them.

I am a soccer goal keeper. They only notice you when you fuck up.

It's harsh but get used to it.

What Girls Said 1

• Because flaws are easier to judge. Mistakes can be easy to judge whereas perfection is not.

What Guys Said 0