Any Ex-Smoker here?

I have been smoking since last 5 years. I smoked an average 6-7 cigrettes a day. But I quit 2 days ago I can feel my breathing has improved. What do you guys say can I fully recover and become as healthy as non smoker? What changes you felt after quitting?

Most Helpful Girl

• Good job! Keep going and don't fall back for smoking. It isn't too late to recover. Your body, including your lungs have mechanisms of self recovery. It's always trying to save you. After 5 years you still have chances of getting your lungs healthy again. It would be extremely hard for someone who smoked for 20 years or so. So don't fall back! :D

What Girls Said 2

• I'm in the process of quitting myself. I noticed a change in breathing, and also how I slept. For a little while there I didn't sleep well, but now that I'm truly getting over the addiction I find myself having a deeper sleep than usual. I go on 5 kilometre runs a few times a week and when I was smoking my lungs weren't happy, but now I can pretty much do it without feeling like my lungs are going to give up on me. Best of luck to you really! It's pretty hard for some. x

• I smoked for about 8 months. I somked about 2-3 packs per week. I stopped smoking 2 years ago in October. Although i hadn't been smoking for long I could feel how I was out of breath very quickly. after i stopped i had shortness of breath for months. I saw 3 doctors about it and i was convinced I had cancer... but they reassured me everything was fine. So after a few months i gradually improved and I will never ever smoke again.
    If you quit now, you'll gradually recover from the damage within the next 10-15 years. The younger you are when you quit, the better your recovery chances.
    Good luck.

What Guys Said 2

• All you smokers are repulsive

• No positive reinforcement for a guy making a change to his life? That's repulsive.

• you of course can and are very young. I didn't stop. No one likes a quitter.