Is laser eye surgery worth it?

I'm just curious because I honestly want to get it done one day. My eye sight is extreme shit. Like if I take my glasses off a lot of things end up being invisible to me. Like seeing this calender on the wall. Without my glasses I just see a white sheet. I don't see any black at all. The distance isn't even that far maybe around 5feet away or less. Then if my glasses fall on the floor. I can't see them since the floor is dark and so are my glasses. So I end up like velma. :D

Is laser eye surgery worth it?

Also another question have you ever had it done?

• Yes I've had it done and it's worth it
  • had it done but wasn't worth it
  • never had it done
  • Damn your blind O. O

Most Helpful Guy

• My sister had a female friend who had like a -7 dioptry but it might have been -8, she had laser surgery which they did right, she had to rest her eyes for about a week and now she can walk around without glasses

Beforehand she could barely see an arms distance away, so I think that was definitely worth it

There is risk, but if it's done right, it's good for you - if they fail, then I don't even want to think about it

• I can't see things clearly at arms length without my glasses. Like holding up this card that has huge black letters on it. Though I have short arms due to being short. Still I can only see a white fuzzy outlind of the card and just a fuzzy black line. No letter distinction at all. Even then the black is almost invisible.

• In Hungary the top pricing for it seems to be $1300, but that was the first find on Google which means there are places where it's cheaper (these guys had a coupon too which made it $825 which is more legit). Private clinics are more trustworthy than the government-provided healthcare institutions.. so yeah, I'm sure they're just inflating the prices as usual in the USA whenever it comes to anything that has to do with health

• I hope you'll find a private optical clinic where they'll do it at reasonable rates; I'd assume it's not in the USA though considering USA pricing is messed up.

Thanks for MHO!

Most Helpful Girl

• U mean LASIX. Yes you should do it. Lifechanging for a lot of people. Lots of my friends did it since we learnt it in the 4th year of medical school. So most of the people with glassed did it. Not even 1 of them have any complications yet. Some people w galsses have very pretty eyes hidden inside thise glasses. I suggest you. Just do it. It is lifechanging. Safer than contact lens and more convenient thatn glasses that increase in power wach year.

• how is it safe than contacts?

• Contacts are more prone to infection. And u still have to put it on and out each time. LASIX actually means u r a normal eyesight people. No glasses no contacts. Just few procedure that only needs local anesthesia to thin out the cornea. Heals in few days. Need to put eyedrops for a few days. And then u are normal.

What Guys Said 13

• My dad is a lot older than anyone I e seen here. He had later surgery done last year for glaucoma and he is now able to do most things without the aid of his glasses , if that helps any

• I know my aunt got it done and it worked for her. I'm doing it myself whenever I get the money too. It'll be better in the long run than praying my insurance covers my almost $300 glasses. I think if you have terrible eyesight and can afford laser, get it. It'll be better in the long run.

• As a guy that has worn glasses since he was 9... I never contemplated laser eye surgery. I don't want my eyes to get fucked with due to a "complication".

I'll just wear glasses. :-P

• Yes, please go ahead. Recently my aunty got it done, and now her eyes are fine. And two more people gone for it and they are happy.
    But only problem is you must use a black Glass for two months to protect them from dust, sunlight and uv. That's all, it's safe.
    :-)

• I think it's a good idea, but it's very expensive.

• (rofl at the Velma reference XD)
    I know nothing of eye surgery, tbh. What would make it not worth it?

• As i put in the info it's not just a reference. I've actually done that trying to find my glasses that fell on the floor while I was sleeping. :(

• You should take an opinion from a good ophthalmologist and then decide. Seeing as your eyesight is really bad, you could do it.

• i don't know if i could ever do it. i don't like the idea of shooting a laser in to my eye

• Same here I quit on sports and went for studying science just cause, my eyesight were weak now they are getting weaker, I don't no how long I have before I become blind, but recently doctor prescribed me a supplement it's working one dose in 24 hrs and my eyes are not deteriorating, number has been constant for 2 years.
    If lazer surgery works, I am definitely getting one done if it give me more then 95% guarantee

• I picked "a", but that isn't quite the case... *my best friend* did it, and he fucking loves it...

• Don't do it they are very dangerous... you always have the option of great quality contact lenses that you can get, this is what I do...
    The complications of a laser eye surgery are too many and can be more dangerous if you have dry eyes syndrome

• sadly any contacts I have tried they dry my eyes out really fast. I've tried different ones that are supposed to not dry out easily.

• In that case you should definitely research some good brands and try them for a week to see which one suits you the best... Try CooperVision Biofinity first

• There is an implant in the works that will be safer. It should be on the market in 4 years.

• its your choice but. docs who i know wanted to sergery. but he said that lots of docs wear glasses instead of surgery even OPH

What Girls Said 5

• Do it!! My aunt just did it like 1/2 year ago and yeah it was expensive but worth it. The worst that can happen is that the laser eye surgery doesn't have any effect on your eye sight.
    If your eyes don't have any complications except bad eye sight and it hasn't changed for a long time then I'd go ahead :) Good luck!!

• I wonder how much it cost?

• A few people I know have had it done. All of them were so happy with the results, and all but one stopped wearing glasses and contacts entirely.

• I've seen video and it looks scary. You have to get a layer of your eye cut and there's a laser I think. Its a good thing that people get numb down but witnessing it is scary. I think you should go for it anyway.

• can't tell... i never had it done