Would you live with the opposite sex?

Would you get a roommate that was the opposite sex? Girls would you get a guy who is not gay as a roommate or guys would you get a girl who is not a lesbian as a roommate? My girlfriend has a roommate who is a guy and kinda curious if they use to date or just friends. Why or why not?

I think my "roommate" wording is misunderstood. I mean u live in the same apartment but have separate rooms. So I think a better wording us housemate.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would love to live with a guy. Seems like it'd be super chill.

I'm sure the boyfriend would be unimpressed though lol

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd love to, it would be great because then we could be friends and I could learn how to interact with girls.

What Girls Said 9

• Only if I was positive that he would NEVER try anything.

• Dormitory or housemate. Fine. Living in a dormitory with 15 people people on same floor, sharing kitchen, bathroom, living room and club room but separate bedroom. That is okay.
    Room mate. No. Even the same sex room mate is not fine. It is just not personally comfortable.

• I would be totally okay with a male roommate, it would be fun lol
    Girls are usually too strict so me and a guy would hang out pretty well

• If I was dating them

• Yes, I would

• I have before at uni. He was a mate and we lived together for a year. I slept and worked in one room, and he had the rest of the flat. I don't know if I would do that again now, unless he was my boyfriend.

• Sure why not?

• I think I would give it a go

• I used to have 3 guy roommates.

• Any awkward/embarrassing things happen or arguments?

• Nope! We had a playful relationship but no flirting or anything of the sort they were like brothers. They always respected my privacy since I was the only girl. They always brought their girlfriends and I always had my be around and we would all hang out together.

What Guys Said 14

• I personally would not have an issue staying with a female, straight room-mate. We should just go about our daily life. And it's not like I would get attracted to her or try something sexual just because she's female.

I would be doing my thing and she'd be doing hers.

• Did she bring guys over and did it become awkward or embarssing?

• Yeah, she did. It was her boyfriend. I didn't really find it awkward. And at another point, it was a single woman. It didn't matter at all. I just stuck to doing my thing.

• i would and have lived with a roommate of the opposite sex

• No, I won't.

• I've done it before. She turned out to be an alcoholic and bailed without paying her share of the rent after getting drunk and belligerent one night. She got into an argument with her boyfriend over the phone, and left it off the hook for hours because she passed out (back before cell phones). I had to go down to the landlord and have him call my dad (who had arranged the housemate situation).

• I have had female housemates quite a few times. Nothing wrong with it.

• I suppose I'd be fine with it, though there is the possibility for awkwardness.

• It's immature to think it's a big deal.

• Yes and I have.

• Not room mate but a house mate would be OK I need my privacy

• As long as she was comfortable about it, I most very likely would be as well.

• Sure, why not. I'd survive.

• Yeah, why not.

• I wouldn't.. Only if dating the person... Its bound to cause issues

• No I'm a private person.