Why would some people think cyberbullying is worse than physical bullying?

how is being insulted online worse than being punched to the face?

wouldn't physical pain turn into mental pain?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think so. Cyber bullying harms your mental health. A punch to the face hurts but the pain can quickly go away and can heal quicker than any mental or emotional wound.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know which is worse, but I guess people might think cyberbullying is worse 'cause for example, if someone posts nudes of their ex as a form of bullying it can have HUGE impact on that person - those pics can end up on countless porn sites, with horrible comments all over the net, their parents and relatives can all see it, it can show up anytime someone googles them, from potential boss to a new person who dates them, basically it can be like a public humiliation in front of a global audience and it can follow them everywhere for years to come.

What Girls Said 7

• In my opinion physical bullying is much worse. Mostly because its harder to catch and report someone physically bullying and it hurts you not only physically but mentally as well, while cyber is only mental. Even though cyber bullying can be anonymous, you can screenshot it, and its much easier to report, and the IP can still be cracked down. And also, even though in cyber bullying you can post pictures, videos etc. Lies, and spreading rumours, name calling happens outside of cyberspace as well.

And also, I think people are much less likely to stand up to physical bullying than cyber bullying, because in cyberspace you can say things without getting punched back in the face straight away, so its easier to stand up to. While physical bullying, when people see it, its so intimidating, and psychologically people tend to want to avoid getting into physical fights to save their own skin. And just seeing people passing by you while you're getting bullied is the worst feeling ever so humiliating, or if they are just there and pretending like they can't see whats happening.

Cyber - Just report the problem, and STOP using that social media. Cyber bullying is easier to escape, but physical is not. In my opinion that is.

• because its mental pushing you down and scar u!

• Whoever who says that... Is an asshole.

Oh look, I just cyber bullied XD

• I don't think you can sum up bullying as "worse" or "not as bad" as something because everyone deals with things differently. What may be tolerable for one person may be horrible for someone else, and vice versa.

• You don't know if their gonna track u down and hurt you

• because what you put on the internet never goes away, it's always there to be seen by anyone unlike a punch in the face people will eventually stop talking about it and move on to someone else

• that pain eventually goes away. The mental pain hurts more. its like scars no one sees

What Guys Said 16

• Physical bullying can be escaped from, it stops everytime the bullies aren't present.

Cyber bullying follows a child everywhere. They cannot escape the internet, because to today's youth, a large section of their identity lives on the internet. The ones that commit suicide may very well believe they even if they left the internet, the gossip would just continue out of their sight.

Kids have a very narrow view of the world, and of their future, and its too easy for them to be tricked into believing their reputations have been irreversibly damaged.

• As someone who has been physically tortured, had broken bones, been shot with nails, and had the shit kicked out of me repeatedly by large groups. All in a place I was legally mandated to attend, and the staff who were supposed to keep me safe there responded to complaints and requests for help with the paroted line "we do not have bullying at this school".. I think most people who say cyber bullying is worse than physical bullying have no idea what the fuck they are talking about. People spread lies about you on facebook? GASP! Block them... or deativate the account.

I understand that cyberbullying can be awful. And some of the shit people with a little tech savyness can do is massive (a friend had all of his MMO characters deleated for instance)... but it'll never be worse than the complete physical and mental deconstruction someone can do to you in person.

• well if you think about it physical bully can be down with other people helping you such as teachers for school bully, manager to worker bully etc as well as if you get punched to the face remember that you can also punch them in the face. As for cyber bully is to do with the mental strength and mental strengths is very different to physical since most people are not mentally strong and well you don't know who's bullying you on the cyber world

• I think it is because popular kids are often the ones that get cyber bullied, and they aren't use to being the victim, so they have very thin skin.

• Of course physical pain does turn into mental pain. Like I said, it is a different group, I suspect mostly females, that are being cyber bullied. That is why they think it is worse than being physically beaten. Meanwhile most of the guys on here aren't making the claim that being bullied online is as bad as being physically assaulted.

• cyberbullying stops when you surf to another site.

• have you guys been on bb. com Misc? Man they legit cyber bully there. Lol (actually no lol) they are BRUTAL.

@tony72722
    @polocrew

• Lol. Misc = epitome of cyberbullying

• Hmm I don't know. 4 chanf is worse, they don't really bully. They just effect young new minds with their gay thoughts

• Because they either haven't experienced the physical deal or... well yea that's pretty much it.

• I agree. I am starting to think girls in general are more likely to be cyber bullied so it is taken more seriously. The fact all these girls claim that being the victim of physical violence doesn't leave mental scars, pretty much proves they have no idea what it is like to be bullied physically the way guys do. It is pure ignorance to think being physically attacked doesn't leave deep emotional scars at least as bad as being called names online.

• I don't know if its worse... Id say just as bad... people have killed themselves because of facebook bullying... Mayb its cuz some people can't handle it, or know how to serve it back

• Physical bullying is worse. If 3 kids beat down and kick another kid and hospitalize him. (This happened in my middle school), that hurts s lot worse than cyber bullying, which I never saw happen or even heard about in all my years in middle school, high school, and college.

• No. People just think that ANYTHING that happens on a computer is worse.

"Oh my God! Think of the children!"

• its worse cause you can't punch your bully in the face

• no. if you don't want to be bullied on the internet... GET OFF THE INTERNET!

• you never used to hear about people committing suicide over regular bullying

• They have talked about people committing suicide over regular bullying for a long time. Most often that I remember hearing about as I was growing up is when they talked about how gay people were more likely to commit suicide than straight people do to bullying, long before there even was such a thing as cyber bullying. Bullying and suicide have always been known to be related.

• They're both bad.

• People kill themselves from both, so I think they're equally bad.

• It's bs basically. Switch off the internet and do something real.