My grandmother saw a little Asian baby and said "she looks like a monkey" is that racist?

0|0
10|21

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not racist if it's true. If the baby actually looked like one how would it be racist? It's just an observation.

1|1
    0|0
    • Hahaha made me laugh as well. I live in Asia so I see too many ugly babies.

• Most babies are ugly haha

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 20

• Not racist. Despite what the mother may say a lot of babies are pretty ugly. Especially new born ones.

1|0
    0|0
  • Personally, I think all babies look like monkeys, which is why I refer to them as carpet monkeys. It may be insensitive to the feelings of others but not racist.

1|1
    0|0
  • If you said all Asian babies look like monkeys then yes its racist.
    If you only said that particular Asian baby looks like a monkey then its rude but not racist.

1|0
    0|0
  • Monkey 😂😂😂😂😂

1|0
    0|0
  • NO. If a man is fat the man is fat. If a girl is beautiful the girl is beautiful. If the baby looks like a monkey it looks like a monkey.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's gross and insulting. But then I suppose she daily meets a guenon in her mirror.

1|0
    0|0
  • To a stranger's baby, where others around don't know what she intends by the statement, it is rude; & can be seen as offensive... even racist, by strangers.

In family and friend circles, where witnesses understand her affectionate comparison, it is cute. It's not racist.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know, did she look like a monkey? I didn't know monkey was a Asian thing. Might be considered rude though.

0|0
    0|0
  • doesn't mean it was in a mallicious way, Kids have energy, jump, climb, fall... and are silly, maybe like monkeys, or something.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends... does the baby really resemble a monkey?

0|0
    0|0
  • Babies often look like monkeys, regardless of race.

1|0
    0|0
  • My grandma still calls black people slaves. Your grandma is okay.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends entirely on her intentions by that comment.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. If the kid looked like a monkey what else would she say

0|0
    0|0
  • Did you laugh when she said it?

0|0
    0|0
  • its its true its not racist, sexist, stereo typing etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • kinda offensive but more importantly it's probably true. people lie about babies too much

0|0
    0|0
  • All baby's either look like a monkey, alien, or potato

1|0
    0|0
  • its just her thinking... different kind of... don't judge it

0|0
    0|0
  • Some babies are just ugly but it wasn't the nicest thing to say.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• It's not racist, but it can be interpreted as rude and offensive by many people.

1|0
    0|0
  • yes that's really racist and insulting

0|0
    0|0
  • well if only that little baby looks like a monkey and not ALL Asian babies, then its ok... as in its not racist but def so very mean

0|0
    0|0
  • No she never mentioned the Asian looks is what made the baby look like a monkey

1|0
    0|0
  • That is very racist but considering your grandma as senile normal

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it depends on how your grandma said that. It could have meant to say that she thought the baby was cute.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so because maybe monkeys are cute to her

0|0
    0|0
  • She needs glasses

0|0
    0|0
  • No, she's giving an honest opinion. If people think it's racist, too bad.

0|0
    0|0