Deep Thinkers! What do you think this picture is trying to say?

Evaluate it and tell me, what you get from it

Deep Thinkers! What do you think this picture is trying to say??

Looking at his posture it seems like he is upset. The word "Discipline"comes to my mind. What is your full thoughts..

Most Helpful Guy

• Couple of obvious elements. Are two different ways to look at the picture.

One being more about dominance and supression really. Considring the mans posture and the way he looks down upon her and she being lowered and seeming more defeated, Short said that is, but honestly im not sure.

Cause other way, since he showers her in water and her head is a plant it can symbolise nourishment and support. In a way the way she looks down, it can kinda seem like she is crying, yet irony perhaps he is the one with the "tears". Which can symbolise again how at least in a relationship sense, when one is affected it affects them both, but more so that he offers his support in his own way, but what is flawed about this theory is his posture and a few others things, so ill explain further the first one.

Like you can also see on the ground around the lady what seems like dirt, dirt from the plant, which is a clear indication of abuse, that she has been beaten and that his water and posture again is to shame her and pose his dominance or supposedly more value he has over her. An that I dont think is a coinsedence sadly. It may logically have been the purpose to give this image some lighter ways to look at it to fool the outside world in a sense, in that way that abusive relationships and such is often cloaked behind fake smiles and fake happiness. Cause you can see on the flowers in the plant that they look healthy, meaning she herself shows her at her best even in the worst situations to cover up the abuse. Many people again may think about this in an old fashion sense, but this could very well still be a modern representation about abusive relationships. Which yeah, is my opinion what really this picture is about considring everything. When you think about the aggresive/threathning stance of the guy, the dirt around the lady, the mask she chooses to potray to the outside world (healthy flowers). So yes, abusive relationships.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, personally it looks to me like her self-esteem is down or perhaps she's hurting or something. She's sitting on the ground feeling worthless, alone for whatever reason. The setting is dark, seems a little bleak, not much light there which kinda sets the mood of the picture.

On the other hand, his posture looks as if he's kinda frustrated about something? Hands are on his hips as if he's kinda cross about something. Yet, he's still pointing towards the woman's body. The flower pot on her head could suggest that although she is wallowing in her own misery and her self confidence is low, he still sees her as beautiful. The pink flowers are blooming wonderfully, and all he sees is her stunning grace, despite the fact she's sees how pretty she really is.

It also suggests to me that he could be trying to build up/be watering her ego. She doesn't think highly of herself yet he is constantly complimenting her and trying to boost her self-esteem. No matter how hard he tries, it isn't working. He thinks she's amazing, yet she fails to see it. She's been hurt by so many other men and can't see the wonderful man she has in front of her. Perhaps she's in a state of depression.

Although the watering can on his head suggests that he's trying to make this woman feel better, the watering can reminds me of tears. His body language is a little off and looks as though he might be tiring of constantly trying to make this woman see herself in a more positive light, one that isn't so harmful. He's frustrated. And the water coming from the watering can suggests he's pouring out his soul to her, but she's giving him nothing back in return because she's unable to love herself firstly and foremost. He's crying inside because she can't see herself through his eyes. And perhaps there's only so much more he can take before the water runs out.

What Guys Said 30

• Ill break it down for you all..

Man coming to terms with his sexuality, decides to throw on a skintight purple suit to express himself. He then storms outside to where he sees his wife gardening. He's now faced with the horrible realization that he now has to spend his whole life with a woman he isn't attracted to. He gets filled with rage because divorce is unacceptable in his time period so he smashes her over the head with a potted plant. Doing so he discovers his passion for gardening so he jams a watering tin over his own head. The bucket begins to get filled with his tears of remorse and his realization that his now deceased wife made him a delicious sandwich that same evening! In a great effort to save the potted planet over his wife's head he decides to bend over and release some of his tears from the tin. It's the only life he can save at this point and he's a wicked passionate gardener at this stage of the story. Him and the potted plant have an incredible summer together filled with laughter and good times. Unfortunately the potted plant isn't the type that grows back every season. It dies. He's devastated.

FIN

• It's interesting because I actually feel like that the woman is on the ground unable to stand on their own and "lower" (subservient) to the man, and the water pouring from the can onto the flower symbolizes what the man provides and that without the man, the woman would be incapable of supporting herself (would not be able to exist without the man's resources being poured at her).

I think this is actually a remarkably sexist picture considering it shows women being inferior and dependent on men, but then again, maybe I'm just looking too much into it?

• I think this picture is quite controversial. The image seems to depict that man is in an authoritarian position to the woman and she can only flourish and come to fruition as a woman, when she lowers herself to a subservient level to the man and allows herself to be 'showered' with compliments. The clothing would suggest that this could be a 1950's type of mentality, with the guy in office clothes and his posture would suggest that he is either admonishing her, or is tired of having to 'lift her up'. Her position on the ground seems to portray her character as weak, defeated and possibly in that position due to a fall, her 'head' downcast, like she is being disciplined or would not dare look him in the face either out of shame or reverence.
    As I said, I don't agree with the roles and/or the concept that seems to be depicted...

• It seems nurturing to me, she's growing and flowering under his attention.

• The man with the suit, going to work to earn money to support his family
    And the wife who sits down, at home is meant to be that family?

The money is the water
    the family are the flowers being kept alive

• My deep thoughts see a mand who is ejaculating on a woman's face nourshing her beauty. It's clearly sexual. Look at his pose of power. Look at her sitting in submission taking it.

Yeah...

Take it bitch...

Take all that cum...

• The man is bitching at 'his' woman and she likes it, needs it to live.

I actually hate this picture. They both seem like shitty people for different reasons. And that some might argue this sort of relationship is common. I hate it. Sorry.

• There are definitely sexual undertones. The water represents his bodily fluids and he is depositing those fluids on the female flower. You're right about him being in a dominant position in regard to her.

• A lot of things, to me it says a lot of what Mesonfielde says. It also says to me that marriage is a partnership, the flowers cannot live without the water, and together they prosper.

His body language looks angry, like they are possibly fighting. He is saying that he does everything for her, and she would be nothing without him. She's on the ground possibly crying, in a submissive position.

• He's saying "come on, it won't suck itself!"

• Golden showers?

• I think the mans suit is meant to paint him as negative maybe even shallow, possibly the media or societys views. And the ladys thinks she's happy, because flowers=beauty, nature, happiness etc, but she has to depend on the man because without him the flowers will wither and rotband she will no longer view herself as pretty

• The word objectification comes to mind:
    She's an ornament/decoration. He's serving her as a tool/appliance.

Although I wouldn't put it past it to be just some meaningless stupid random shit someone made.

• Love is a living thing, and like a plant you must tend to it, and nurture it

• Well, water creates magnificent flowers.

So... my guess is that he may be filling her with some positive emotions.

• She misbehaved so he's showing her with his load.

• Scolding someone is not bad, it's for their own good, just like watering a plant helps them grow stronger and taller. Intervention at the right time can make you a better person.

• The phrase "rain on my parade" comes to mind. Like how positive people feel when negative people have to ruin good moods with their pessimism.

• You're nothing but a flower that I have to support with my money water so I'll do it and pretend I'm pissing on you with my face to make myself feel better

It kinda gives me that vibe... I don't like it...

• To me it speaks that a woman needs the sterness of a man to thrive. It implies that women are inferior to men. Which I completely disagree too. Infact this picture really bothers me.

• It seems like he trying to be supportive but the woman is lost in her insecurities.

• I interpret this piece as "Don't take drugs."

• I can sound deep making stuff up so I can get in a girls pants. Jesus just say your so special, I feel nervous because this is the first time I have done it with a girl I love. Girls eat that crap up

• That if u give ur woman respect and caring she will grow more love and royalty

• He gives her what she needs to grow. A credit card and the D aha

• Its a metaphor of how men and women need each other, like flowers need water.

• i gotta water this plant so it dont die :D

• He thinks he is showering her with wisdom. She thinks he is pissing all over her parade.

• a man who loves to cum on his woman's face

• I think that it talks about the roles of the genders. if the man waters the woman with love and affection, the woman can flourish and be happy. and when the woman is happy "flowers", the fruits of that well being are produced in the process. the woman will be happy to be adopt the traditional housewife and "lie down" but for that to happen the husband must be determined to lean forward. both have to make compromises for it to work.

What Girls Said 11

• I think this could either be discipline or negativity. Discipline helps you blossom into a well rounded young flower (adult) and it will often teach you right from wrong and give you morals. On the other hand, this could be about negative comments. Without the negativity or insults of other people, you won't want to better yourself. You can grow out past the small plot of dirt given to you, and let the hate make you grow into the most beautiful flower there is, even if it hurts at the moment.

• You know in I Love Lucy how Ricky would come home and say "Lucy, you've got some 'splainin' to do!" That's what I'm getting.

• I don't see discipline but he's in a very commanding pose while she is below him, as if she is inferior. Her head is made out of a pot of flowers in blossom- she is a beautiful, delicate flower but she relies on the mans attention or "water" to grow or feel worthy. At any moment, the man has the power to deplete this source from her hands.

• i don't like his posture. it's almost like... she's subservient to him and her very existence (the flowers) depends on him to survive (the water). she's enslaved to him. her beauty is enslaved to him.

• I don't love this picture. It looks like he's placed her there. And now he's cultivating her mind to match his thoughts and opinions. His body positioning suggests anger or control. While her body positioning suggests defeat.

• Lol I love this picture

• On the surface it seems like he's nurturing her but the fact that he's standing above her and the way she's sitting shows that it's actually more of a dominance and dependence relationship.

• I'd say he's giving her head

• His posture with his hands at his hips does seem as if he is upset. Maybe authoritative. But with him towering over the woman, it seems as if he is showing his dominance. To me it also seems that the man is supply water to the flowers, or the woman... that he is providing for her. With his help, she is maintaining her beautiful image.

• Maybe that he's providing for her to look her best?

• She is madly in love with him even though he manipulates her to get his own way without considering her needs and desires. he takes advantage of her despair. By the way he stands, you can see that he thinks he is superior to her. And the woman, sitting hopelessly looking up at him... may indicate that she finds happiness (flowers) in pleasuring him and cannot leave him.

That's the first thing that came to my mind.