Do you Adele is so successful because of her voice or her music/lyrics?

I know most of you will say both but if you had to pin it down, do you think Adele is so special because of her vocals and her ability or her lyrics and music?

• Voice
  • Lyrics/Music
Do you think* Adele...

Most Helpful Guy

• She's got a little of both but mostly lyrics. I feel like her lyrics are pretty simple to understand, no deep meaning, it's like she's just telling a brief story that you can take at face value. Her stories are genuinely sad and very relatable so people eat that up. Plus she does have a lot of emotions in her voice so you can feel her pain but aesthetically I've heard better sounding vocals.

Most Helpful Girl

• Her voice. Whitney Houston was very famous and her lyrics were all the same really. It boils down to the voice.

What Guys Said 3

• Voice. Her lyrics suck.

• Lyrics: You believe her story and her pain

• It's a combination of both. I don't like her music but she has an amazing voice.

What Girls Said 1

• I'm thinking it's her voice. Anyone can sing those lyrics, but it's her voice that makes the songs as beautiful as they are.