If you're a European GAGer, what country are you from? Have you learned French?

I've been learning French the past couple of years and have been considering asking questions and making takes in French to try and improve my skills, so I'm trying to see how many people would actually be able to participate.

• I'm from the UK ( England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland)
  • France
  • Italy
  • Germany
  • Russia
  • Netherlands
  • Other (comment)

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm from Finland. Je parle un peu français. Les lapins ne sont pas dans le jardin. La panne de courant. That's about it lol. And I studied French for like 3 years.

• Also sadly, I don't think you're "allowed" to post takes and questions in French. I've gotten opinions and comments taken down for speaking in Swedish/Finnish for fun.

What Guys Said 9

• I know some French but I'm rusty (I managed to get GCSE : B but I never felt all that good at it), It's just part of the "curriculum" these days. You gotta learn it whether you like it or not

1.bp.blogspot.com/.../thumbs-up.gif

j'ai voudrais sexe avec la fille s'appelle " @Hidden_P " et " @xXiTacoXx " aussi " @mutedaisy? " en plus. Parce que je suis "DooMguy". Le pénis c'est mi-long. Et je suis résolu. D'accord?

33.media.tumblr.com/.../...02zJfR1sxcftfo1_400.gif

• I am English and thats all I speak, we did French in school but I've forgotten most of it, and i know only a couple of words in German. Unfortunately most people in my country (native people that is) don't know a second language, we all assume everyone can/will speak English.

Side note, I had a really vivid dream last night (thanks medication), I was at a ski resort and wanted a 2 day lift pass so I said "deux jours". I have no idea how i knew what to say because if u'd asked me when awake, I wouldn't have known what jours meant, i woke up and googled it realising I was correct. It was obviously lodged in the back of my mind somewhere.

• French is my first language, but I don't know if they would publish takes in French seeing how this site was mainly made for English speakers.

• I'm from Luxembourg and yes I've learned French... it'e one of 3 official languages here

but I don't even read English myTakes so not doing it in French either :P

• I'm from Croatia

• Hungary because I'm weird like that, I had German classes at school but I learned nothing.

• I know some French.

• I have no interest in learning French.

• Belgium. Boring country that no one knows and no one needs to know either.

• And yes, I have French at school. I'm good at understanding others and at pronunciation, but I can't speak it very well and my grammar skills are quite terrible.

What Girls Said 8

• I'm from Latvia. I studied French for two years but I barely know it.

• I speak like 50 % of french because I've been learning for only one year, I'd like to improve my french too but GAG is not the place to do it.

mais si tu plaît, nous pouvons parler et pratiquer :)

• I need to improve my writing. I have to write serious essays and debates in French so GAG topics seem like a great place. I wouldn't do all French. only have English and french translation.

• That sounds great. You should do it

• i am Mauritian and French is my second language!

• I'm not European but I've been living in France for 3 years and French is one of my Mother tongues.

• I'm french :)

• I'm from Denmark, I've learned French for three years and get B's in it

• I'm Canadian but I can understand some French. *flies away*

• British and German. I don't know French. I learn in school, but didn't really pay much attention so I wasn't that great at it in the first place, just basic French, and I've forgotten most of it now.