Is age difference, bad?

I'm 15, and he just turned 17 last month and I turn 16 in 7 months, is this bad? I like him, and my mom says it's not bad.. but can someone older, like someone who's younger, when they're SO MANY more prettier girls out there? Yeah, I don't have much self confidence. Everyone says he likes me, because of the "signs" but I just want to see the opinions of another person, out of my friend/family group.. Thanks (:

Please no comments talking about my age.
Thanks Everyone! The Comments Are Quite Nice! (:

Most Helpful Guy

• That's not to bad of a gap, because that's only a few months different if you want a gap take me for example I'm 25 an my girlfriend is 19

What Guys Said 3

• Its a lot at your age... a lot can change between 15 and 17... But its not too much... If your counting by months, it not a lot...

• That's not bad at all, your age difference is nothing.

• that's nothing, go for it. guys are usually 1-2 years "behind" so it's quite normal for girls to choose someone slightly older

What Girls Said 3

• well guys tend to date up...

• Two years is not a big deal. It's a bigger deal at your age in comparison with a 30 and a 32 year old, for example, but close enough where once he turns 18, you'll be 16 and it'll still be legal to date (up to two years difference when one of you is legally an adult). Also, usually at your age, boys are pretty immature compared to girls, that's why girls are generally more attracted to guys a couple years older, if that makes sense.

• That's not a big age difference at all don't worry!