Have you ever been called beautiful, pretty, sexy, or attractive by someone who doesn't know you?

I have but I didn't believe them.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have been called cute once or twice... It's nice that someone has thought so.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, many times. It gets upsetting because I can't believe them and get angry that they are lying to me.

• This is exactly one of the key toxic behaviours many insecure people get into. You are downplaying most likely genuine compliments simply because you don't like yourself and thus express that dislikement into distrust onto what others tell. The reality is that you are not only downplaying it for yourself, but also for them and thus discouraging further compliments by people who know you.

• I know. :( I even tell my best friend to not compliment me. He still does it anyway, but he knows how uncomfortable I get. I just get flustered and don't know how to accept it. I'm not only insecure, but just plain awkward about receiving compliments. @FakeName123

• I have heard that quite a few times already and that really doesn't change the main issue. Just put yourself into their shoes. How would you feel if for example you said to your best friend "you are the nicest person ever" and they would say like "no, I am not"? Would feel crappy, wouldn't it?

Honestly should build up your self-esteem and learn to accept yourself and others liking you. Liking yourself despite and with your flaws and shortcomings.

What Guys Said 8

• Umm yeah... kinda used to it.

• No. I don't really talk to people.

And am just barely a 6 on a good day.

• its happened before.

• well yea a lot of girls ( including two gfs ) commented on how good looking i am.

• Not very often. I've been called ugly more than handsome, so i just go with the majority.

• That's never happened before.

• Yes, it's super flattering. Pretty girls must feel amazing on a daily basis lol

• I have been called handsome once or twice which was nice because I don't see myself as a handsome man.

What Girls Said 9

• Yeah, on here.

• Yes, here on GAG mostly. Don't really buy it either but whatevz, I appreciate the compliment.

• Yes I have, but mostly random people saying I have pretty eyes (or scary blue eyes). I say thanks and go on with my day.

• Yes I have

• Yes, I have. I just smiled, thanked them, and moved on.

• No wonder datings so hard for men with witless wonders like you kicking about

• @bluenose1872 fyi I do have her number and I am not doing this for her, I am doing it for myself. Your comment was completely uncalled for. Like I said, there's nothing else to do when you dont want to be approached. Dating is so hard for some men because they think that every woman should fall in their feet just cause they said something nice. Is she supposed to flirt and go out with every random stranger that calls her beautiful? Thats not how it works, thats not how any of this works.

• @Squidward your not teaching me anything wee man. I've been with plenty of them. Some girls think nobodies good enough for them and swan about like they're princesses sneering at every guy who passes her a glance. They annoy me that mob. They string guys along then break their hearts. If she's different fair enough

• Like a random person on the street? Yes, but I dont take it seriously either.

• You should:)

• Yes, I have

• One time I was walking with family in Los Angeles and a homeless shouted to me, "Hey, little girl! You're beautiful!" Then when I looked at him funny he said happy holidays even though it was in the middle of summer. So it might not have been genuine obviously. :/