Would you be annoyed with this girl? Would you hate her?

I was in a prayer meeting and we were talking about Isis and i said "the good thing is they were able to kill 600 of them with one americal missile so they should not be too hard to defeat."

And this girl freaks out and starts arguing with me profusely about how Christians cannot be happy when other people die.

And I was like "well if they are killing other people, then it is better that they die," and she started freaking out and talking about how we can't support the killing of murders and rapists we can only support their conversion to Christianity.

Would you be annoyed with her or hate her if this happened to you?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 5

• No, I think she's completely right. I'm an atheist but as far as I know, there's no place in the new testament where Jesus is saying "yeah, you see, revenge is a pretty fun thing indeed". In fact, I thought he was the guy who was talking about giving the other cheek. Mmmmmh! Must have been mistaken then I guess.

Also, you should inform yourself a little better. The reality is that of around 40 people who die due to American (and European) bombs in the middle east, only 1 single person is a religious extremist. All the other 39 are innocent civilians. In other words, you were basically excited about roughly 585 innocent civilians having been killed. That's about 4-5 times as much as were killed in Paris... which leads me directly to my next point: I find it extremely tragic that there's still so many people like you who are these political fire and brimstone preachers, lusting for bloody revenge. THIS IS why there is so much extremism in the middle east and you guys just don't get it. Already before the war in Iraq pacifists and leftists all over the world told you guys "Don't do it! It won't solve anything. It will only make everything much, much worse. Every bomb creates 10 islamist terrorists!" We told you and told you time and again and you didn't want to listen. War hawks like you who sit as politicians in the American and British government have brought us into this mess and you STILL haven't learned anything. Revenge DOES NOT work! Can you think of any one single experience in your life where revenge was an acceptable or decent solution to a problem? Exactly, there is none. Every day the western powers kill innocent young men's girlfriends, sister, moms, dads, cousins... and we're wondering why they get angry at us and turn into terrorists! Really? I mean REALLY? Why is it so freaking hard for America to simply leave these people in the middle east alone and mind your own business? As long as you drop bombs on these people and kill thousands of innocent people, NOTHING will become better, it will only become worse. And frankly, I find it ridiculous and cynical to sit in a "prayer meeting" and assume moral high ground over other religious people.

• She's very naive. I wouldn't hate her, but I would consider her very naive about the situation we are facing in regards to these barbarians. It would be nice if we truly all could get along, love each other, and sing "Kumbaya." But that's not the world we live in. We are at war. President Obama and Hilary Clinton won't call it that, because they are timid and consumed with Political Correctness. But the fact remains: Even if you deny that you are at war the enemy gets a vote on that. And the enemy is very much at war with the Western civilized world.

• I think she's closer to the right idea than you are but i don't agree with her completely. If you're halt about their death and you see that as the only solution you're a fake Christian that only defines your faith by hate, consequence and selfishness, rather than love, the sake of goodness alone, and charity.

Bigotted Christians are a stones throw away from isis. Very many are domestic terrorists that, instead of mass murder, threaten withholding of freedoms and benefits as well as political bullying.

Jesus would kick these fools in the butt if he were around.

• I wouldn't be annoyed or hate her. I would just feel very sorry for her. I hope it doesn't come across as being anti-Christian when I say that her faith could allow her to stand there clutching a Bible in defiance, while an ISIS member prepares to behead her. I admire people whose faith can lead to this type of scenario. Sadly, I don't have such faith, and prefer to meet these terrorists head on.

• I feel like I understand both sides of the argument: on the one hand, it's very hard to think of killing anyone as being good, but on the other stopping them from being able to cause more harm is also good.

I think the two of you are just opposite extremes.

What Girls Said 0