An unchallenged faith is a weak faith. Agree or disagree?

A user on another question said this. Do you agree or disagree with that statement?

• I agree
  • I disagree
  • It depends (please say)

Most Helpful Guy

• If you haven't really thought about it, I mean *really* HONESTLY considered the possibility that there may not be a god, or that some other god may be the real deal, then your faith is weak and shallow... you're only going through the motions because you had it drilled into you as a kid... by people that probably only go through the motions because they had it drilled into them as children and so on...

What Girls Said 4

• I agree! My morals have been challenge and twisted to time where I believed it was true! I came out understanding and still trying to understand certain things. I have been through some hell thats for sure! I think sometimes your ideas can be changed and explored and yeah... wait i don't think i answer the question but okay lol

• agree. challenge allows for growth.
    lack of criticism leads to a weak mind and if you insist that your faith requires excessive admiration, that's narcissist.

• Hey, I think I said that! : ) So I agree wholeheartedly.

• I have no idea :/

What Guys Said 3

• Not necessarily. Some people may not regularly experience direct challenges to their faith from other viewpoints, but that doesn't mean that they can't still grow and learn about why they believe what they believe. I think it would be ultimately better for them to learn from discussions with others, but 1) they might not have many opportunities and 2) some people are more interested in being antagonistic, aggressive, and hateful rather than civility.

• I agree great accomplishments are abundant in the face of diversity.

• God is always challenging our faith, it's how we grow. When we reach eternity, our faith will be like "gold tested in the fire", or basically purified gold.

The more common usage I hear people say this for is basically someone who doesn't know anything about the bible, or very little studying about it.