What is your opinion on Diva cups?

A diva cup is something used for periods, no smaller than the size of a shot glass, that some girls stick up their vaginas to collect blood. Bleh.

I personally think that they're so hazardous and disgusting.

• They're great and completely useful (?)
  • I agree they're Fricking disgusting

142

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• i never used them and i don't really like the idea of having to walk around with a cup filled with blood and mucus in my hoo haa!

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 1

• So when you choose best answer are you going to pick the person who says b?

• Highest tally. Best answer

• I'm just sayin'

• CoolioπŸ‘βœŒ

What Girls Said 13

• I personally love mine! I was having such a hard time with other options. I tried tampons, but I often sleep more than 8 hours at a time. Plus, I have really heavy periods, so I would leak. Pads, same problem. Even if I got up to change, I move around a lot at night and then I would leak all the time. I'm also quite sensitive to the materials used to make pads, so most kinds would bug me.

For me, the Diva cup was a good option. So I decided to try it. It can be a bit tricky at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's great! I will never go back. I've been using it for almost 2 years now. I've had no issues.

It's definitely not for everyone, but worth a try if other options haven't worked. It's completely sanitary as long as you clean it regularly and replace it as directed.

• They're not hazardous. Unless you make a personal choice to never remove it from your vagina, you can't get toxic shock like from tampons.

I use softcup, diva cup is different in design. And I really like my softcup. It allows me to be more eco friendly because I can use the product longer, and it's hassle free once you learn how to use it properly. And I like not worrying about my period for several hours.

The way you worded this was bias, bias, bias. So, anyone who had no former knowledge of it would be negatively influenced.

They aren't dangerous, they aren't gross, it's blood, your blood, yea, you might get a little on you. But you won't die from getting a drop of your blood on your hand.

• Idc. Its still disgusting

• At first, I used pads. And I found tampons to be disgusting.
    Then, I used them because one time I stained through at work and I was so embarrassed.

Then when I heard of menstrual cups, I thought they were disgusting. But I decided to give them a try.

I LOVE them! You can leave them in for longer than tampons, you don't feel them (similar to a tampon), and you can lower environmental impact because you reuse them. Just make sure to wash and boil them.
    They're also more cost effective because investing in a ~$30-40 cup that lasts for like 10 years. Hello, where have you been all of my menstrual cycles? lol
    You save a lot of money. A LOT.
    Depending on your flow, it's more cost effective even after 3 cycles.

Also, there's this company where you buy one, and you give one to girls in Kenya who need them but can't afford them. It's the Ruby cup that does this though, not Diva cup (that I know of)
    www.ruby-cup.com/social-mission/ruby-cup-in-kenya/

It's so comfortable, I even wear it when I'm not menstruating haha jk! Jk.
    But seriously, I much prefer them and won't go back to tampons nor pads.

• I think they're really interesting. I hate that weird pad and tampon smell. Plus, there haven't been *any* studies on how the long term use of tampons and how the chemicals in tampons affects women. You also can't ignore the price and environmental pros.

I kind of want to try one but I'm worried about if the plastic would agree with me or not :/

• Hell no. (Filler)

• And is sitting in a pad full of festering period blood for a couple of hours any less disgusting?

• Do you know how a pad works? Shoving a cup up your vagina while on your period is gross. What comes after is even worse.

• You have such a way with words itsallover XD

• ohmy... what! why? whattttttttttt

• I think they're much much better for the environment and anything I can do to help the amount of waste I produce is a plus for me. I've never used one long term as I'm on the Implanon so I don't get a period at the moment. However, the minute I get it removed I will try them out. They aren't hazardous at all. The reason why people are disgusted by it is because it's a new concept and periods can be a little bit taboo. They're affordable, easy to clean, no tampon smell, easy to use plus, reusable thus we don't throw out tampons and pads every day to clog up land fill. Periods aren't gross, neither are diva cups. It's just another means of collecting the blood, not much different to a tampon really. @9mfeo knows what's up.

• Very good for the environment and much cheaper than tampons/pads.

• Doesn't make them anyless disgusting

• You must be a conservative. He's a giant racist talking corn cob who wants to form a Nazi database of Muslims. He's the literal scum of the Earth.

• Just because i said he doesn't compare to a body fluid, im a conservative? Are you dumb or just bad at assumptions? You're analogy sucked. I don't like donald trump. But he's not disgusting. That wouldn't be a correct adjective. he's an arrogant ass. Idc what you think of him so I don't know why you felt the need to talk about donald trump.

• OMG WTF? shut up. as if that's a real thing.

• I think whatever is coming out is MEANT to come out! Not stay in there! Yuck! XD

• Okay. You realize you take the cup out and wash it, right?

• @BellePepper and it gets on your hands and it can actually spill right?

• Yeah xD still kind of icky.
      Thank-you for the one person who upvoted against 4 XD ahahah!

• Not my thing, but they're supposed to be hygenic and all that. To each her own.

• I prefer tampons.