Fear of having children?

I fear the day that I actually have to bring a child into this world. I just feel like everything is so fucked up that it would be even more fucked up to bring a child into all this mess. Anyone else feel this way?

Most Helpful Guy

• Never, I want children and one of the days I look forward to most is seeing the birth of my children and if anything the state of the world makes me want to have them more, so that I can raise my children to be different, and when they grow up, I'll watch them go off and make a difference in the world, prove that there is still good in it, just like my parents did and are doing with me.

Besides one of the highest honors and privileges for a man is to be a husband to a great woman (though they are rare in this world) and a father and mentor/teacher to his children.

Besides with the world being as screwed up as you say it is, wouldn't giving into it and not having kids, just be feeding it? leaving less and less good people in the world instead of trying to put more good ones in it? just because everyone else is screwed up doesn't mean you children would be, and you never know *shrugs* they could help others become better to.

What Guys Said 10

• For all you know your kid could grow up to be the one that drastically changes the world for the better.

• If I ever have sex, it would be with a woman I love.
    That being said yes I want a family with children when I am older.

If I found out my partner was pregnant I would be both happy and sad. Only somewhat sad because it happened sooner than originally planned.

• You don't have to... I certainly do NOT want kids.

• I'm slowly starting to slide towards your thinking.

• I feel the exact same way and it's a shame because I really want to be a Dad at some point.

• The world has been fucked up ever since the first man raped or killed the first woman

• You don't have to have children, you know?

• nope, can't say I have this fear

• Bringing love into this world is a good thing. Yes it can be scary but a blessing of a child is wonderful and an experience all good people should have.

• I totally agree with you, I can emphasize with you completely. Poor women, you ladies have to deal with the nauseas during pregnancy, get your calcium and double oxygen sucked, then bare the pain of delivery. And it doesn't end there, you have to deal with that child till the end of your days in such a raw world.

What Girls Said 7

• i am scared but not for the same reason... like imagine he can't come out from down there so they have to cut open your belly... I don't know i think i'd faint

• never. that's the day i look forward to the most <3

• Who has told you that you *have* to have children? If you don't want kids, don't have kids. There's nothing worse than growing up with parents that didn't want you. My best friend is terribly messed up because she was an accident (and so was her younger brother). Don't do that to a person if you can help it.

• No. Having children is something I look forward. Do I worry about them growing up in this world? Sometimes. But I also feel that we were created to reproduce. Children are the future.

• Never.. Ever.. I simply cannot wait to give birth and bring new life into the world.

• I'm not or let's say i was when i was only 19 and about to have my first baby but I'm not anymore and I'm glad i did.

• I fear that it will pain a lot