Why are women not allowed in strip clubs?

So my friend turned 25 and he wanted to go to a strip club with it. So I went and I thought it was awful so I went outside to get some air for a while.
But the bouncer wouldn't let me back in. Clearly he was dragging it out, asked for one ID, then another and then eventually he was like "Look, I'm not supposed to let women in without a male escort ". So I was like why, if women would want to go to your stripclub, wouldn't that make your strip club better?

And he said that sometimes women that go in there offer to do more to the guys than just stripping. But how does that make any sense? If I was a hooker, would I not just get my pimp to go in with me? Or any guy? I'm sure it's not that hard to find a guy that will go into a stripclub with you

In the end he let me in anyways, but the question remains, why was it so hard?

Most Helpful Guy

• Strip clubs don't want hookers in the club or they get problems with the law (strip club +hookers= brothel)
    Nobody can see if a woman is a hooker or a fiancee or a wife.
    Pimps could be there to 'control' their hookers, fight other pimps. The kind of problems clubs don't like.
    (And ID proofs can be loaned from friends: the photo is probably 3 years old)
    Thus a number of clubs will care only for a male public.

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh man, I didn't know this, that's so stupid.

I really want to go to a strip club when I grow older lol

And well, you already know the reasons, which are stupid lol

What Guys Said 4

• If you were prostitute, your pimp would not have time to accompany you in looking for your clients. Most clubs don;t stop women that are alone from coming in, but those that do are usually doing it for the reasons given already.

• It seems that they think having single women inside isn't good for the business. Another reason not to go to a strip club.

• I've never heard of that before

• Around here they let women in unless it's a "Gentleman's club".

What Girls Said 2

• I thought women were allowed. Guess that's not the case for that one.

• They won't let you in without a male escort to avoid having prostitutes coming