Would you rather be numb or sensitive?

I would rather be sensitive why do so many people want to be numb? Seems like a horror to be so detached and not care about anything...

Would you rather be numb or sensitive?

Most Helpful Girl

• Numb. Fuck feelings, they ruin my life. I just don't wanna feel anything, life would be so much easier.

• you're so peppy with all the questions! what about all the positive feels?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd rather be sensitive.

The way I see it is that being sensitive means you'll experience both quite a bit of pain and joy in life from whatever gets thrown at you. Being numb means you'll just be neutral to everything. If you are numb, you are basically simply existing, and that is no life I want to live. That sounds like what happens when someone gets depressed and tried to deal with it unhealthily.

I'll choose being sensitive. Will there be pain? Of course. However, I feel the happy and joyous moments of life will balance it out and wash away the pain. All you need is one glimmer of light to see through the dark and focus on (oh god that was cliche... Oh well).

Nevertheless, I'll be sensitive.

• agree with you 100%

i think the idea of waking up the day after a breakup feeling fine instead of going thorugh all that pain is very tempting depending on what you've gone through for some people

What Girls Said 4

• Sensitive. I am already but don't mind it.

• I'm sensitive and it sucks so I'll go with numb.

• I am curently NUMB! I can't feel love and when I feel something I act like crazy!

• wow this is unexpected coming from you. you're always so peppy and innocent!

• yeah lol I am really depressing site! haha! I am getting better with everyone on gag! I am innocent and peppy? hahah maybe I am! lol ONLY PLACE ON EARTH I CAN BE MYSELF IS ON GAG! hahah

• i'd rather be numb. i think you can get further being numb as opposed to feeling everything acutely.

• so you'd give up feeling loved for not having to feel pain you would give up being able to enjoy a sunset so you don't have to ever feel anxiety?

• it can be scary though, people coming into your life developing a connection to you or you have all these and you literally feel nothing

if you have a free day over this winter break you should really read this book called Less Than Zero (i only recommend a book because you seem really smart)

• but it wouldn't be scary for me, since i feel nothing :p

thanks for the recommendation, i'll add it to my list :)

What Guys Said 4

• I'd rather be sensitive, must suck going through life not feeling emotional stimulus!

• I can't say I'm numb. But I'm pretty emotionally unavailable. It's not a horror or a curse, just a way of living for some people. I rather be cold hearted person that I am then be sensitive and suffer. Good example. I recently became single (6 month relationship ended 2 weeks ago). My ex-gf ended our relationship over the phone, my reaction? I yelled "fuck yes" once I hanged up and went back to my normal daily life.

I did not stop to cry and be sensitive about being dumped, I simply did not give a damn. I know it hurt her a bit, but I don't really care. I have reasons not to care, sadly this relationship felt pretty much one-way with me paying for everything, taking her out everywhere and travelling to her, I never got same back. And that started pissing me off, as I concluded that I was clearly being used. I was on the verge of ending it with her, but she did it first.

In the end being numb/cold is the best thing in life. Nothing can hurt you, other than yourself.

• that's pretty badass and i've been there and really enjoyed being there (bad stuff is happening and you're totally detached)

do you ever wonder what it's like to be the good guy though? you know the guy who gets hurt and feels it really bad also experiences incredible highs when it's good?

• case is a 12 year old girl... kind of heavy but that book kind of changed my perspective on things.

• Pretty odd book. But I would still prefer to be slightly dead on the inside then to feel alive. Just the way I role.

• I'VE. BECOME SO NUMB. I CAN'T FEEL YOU THERE.

• Numb, i like it better that way. But sensitive is the way to go for most people.