Muslims, when you refer to "God" in your native language, to you call him "God" in that language or do you call him "Allah"?

For example, if English is your native language, do you refer to God as God or Allah?

I was just asking because my mom's a christian Arab and she always refers to God as "Allah". Also, every year at local Christmas celebrations she shouts allah hu akbar!!! And some people always freak out it's hilarious XD

Most Helpful Guy

• Allah is not at all the same god as the God of Abraham. Muslims will swear to the death that it is, but it's not true. Their God is the moon god, at times it was called different names such as Bael or Astaroth. It was always part of a pantheon of pagan gods, Muhammad just decided to take it out and shape a monotheistic religion around it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol @ your mom! That's a good way to freak out everyone!! 😂

What Guys Said 9

• I don't find that hilarious at all, especially with the bombings that are going on. I mean sure, you understand it's meaning but others don't.

• The majority of them say Allah, I'm assuming.

I say Allah. Well my native language is Arabic anyway.

• Allah even if the native language is English

• As far as I know "Allah" isn't exclusive to Islam. "Allah" is simply the Arabic word for "God".

I'm not particularly religious, but I do often shout "Thank God!" or "For God's sake".

• Im pretty sure it just allah.. Cuz its like when u say a french persons name, like jean claude, u still call him jean claude...

• A Christian using the Muslim name for a God. She'll be wearing a Hijab next and pretending that modern day Christians wear them too. She sounds like a dickhead.

• She is not using the "Muslim" name for God, she is using the ARABIC name for God because SHE'S AN ARAB.

• It has become a war cry to many nowadays ;)

• Should call him imaginary

• Muslims use "Allah" because of Quran.

What Girls Said 2

• Allah.

lol@ your mom :p

• I think Allah is a personal name of their god.