My neighbors are partying, should I call the cops?

I need to wake up early in the morning. They're making so much sound it's like they're in my partment. They're using really loud music, drums, and there's someone singing it's like a concert. They're also hitting the floor screaming and clapping. I have exams coming up I need sleep and it isn't the first time tey make loud parties like this one. Should I call the cops?

What makes you guys think everyone lives in America? It's 2-3 AM in Europe.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes call cops if they are disturbing you

Most Helpful Girl

• do it. I did it once, but they had been partying for over 24h and it was the second night so I called the cops and showed them the apartment. ever since that night, no one has heard the slightest noise from that particular apartment.

What Guys Said 8

• I'd only call the cops if they were loud enough anyone of your neighbor can hear them if your not confrontational.

If they'd suspect it would be you, I would first try and defuse it by talking to the neighbor themselves in a cool and calm demeanor and explain you need to sleep because of upcoming exams. More often than not, they'll generally turn down the music and try to be considerate.

I'd remind them if it happened again as well. I'd only call the cops if they were unwilling to comply and be assholes.

• Have you spoke to them? Try a neighborly "hay it's after ____ and I need to sleep can you keep it down" before bringing in the cops.

• No Its only 7:30PM they have the right to have fun let it go

• It's 3 AM. And this isn't a uni dorm its a family building, they do it every week.

• Oh I see well knock on there door be nice and see what they do

• Depends what the time is to shut it off. In the UK it's like 2am and amy past that is illegal.

• Try being a human and speaking to them first.

• Akh that was done plenty of times before, lol. I was asking this as a last option. :)

• you have exams on sunday?

• Monday. I still need to wake up early to study.

• That doesn't work for very hard fields

• Well, i do study for math and science, but lit classes and history always come easy

• I really don't care

• thats only one night.. let them to fun..

What Girls Said 2

• call the cops and make a noise complaint

• Really it's 6:40 now I could understand if it was 9... Are you sure you're between the ages of 18-24 it seems more like you're 60+ 👎

• Its 3 AM here lol.

• Lol I had an idea that you were going to say that. Yeah report them.

Have you ever spoken to your neighbors about it? And if you have just make sure the cops don't reveal that you're the one that called them or your life could end up like this movie lol
      http://youtu.be/pzZgJZMXNEc