Does something ever hit too close to home?

Started watching a show and a particular situation the main character is in hits
pretty friggin close to home to me. But instead of turning it off I'm laying in bed feeling like a sorry ass and on the brink of tears. Because of a show. A fuckin' show.

Anyways. Do you have a song / show / movie / etc. that hits close to home for you?

Most Helpful Guy

• I know the feeling - Do not be down on yourself because a dumb show has hit a sore spot - I have lost count of the times that has happened to me and I reckon most other people reading your question have felt the same way, it is just you had the courage to talk about it that makes you a tougher person than me because I never had the guts to say that and I think I am one of the most open people around maybe I am not as open as I thought I was thanks to you making me look in the mirror - As I said be proud I would rather be an emotive heartfelt person than succeed in fooling the world I was hard as nails.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I watched red band society tv series and it brought me those memories of spending time in the hospital eventhough I don't have cancer or anything but it remind me of the time I spent.

What Guys Said 5

• Not really to be honest. I also have to say I don't have any big issues with my family or girlfriend or somebody like that. We all have a pretty good relationship. I mean, sure sometimes I get a little annoyed at my parents but I don't live at home anymore, so I can handle it pretty well. I can't imagine any situation in a show that would resemble my own life and make me cry...

• well aren't you lucky... or I'm just over sensitive lol

• I don't know... I think you'd have to elaborate a bit what kind of situation that was. Otherwise it's hard to say something about it...

• Yup... I mostly listen to music, but there are a couple songs that r pretty close to my situations... But hey, it means there are enough people in that situation that its not uncommon.. But i usually throw something at the tv anyway

• no. I live in tiny village of a country with a population of 550.000 people... as if anything like that would happen here lol

• I feel like you didn't understand the question lol

• that's very good possible :P

• ah google "hits close to home"... yeah always had problems with English idioms xD

• Sure there I come across things like that, I think most people do at one point or another.

• I haven't had that come up

What Girls Said 1