How do we substantially prove to someone that there is no God?

I am really curious to know. Thanks for your inputs.

Updates:
This is just a question for discussion :- )
Anymore new answers? :- )

0|0
7|23

Most Helpful Guy

• The thing is that you cannot prove that there is no god. You also cannot prove that there is a god. That's why it's important to emphasize "faith". People put their faith in something they believe to be true. There's no right or wrong in faith.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You can't!

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 22

• We can't prove that he exists or doesn't exist. That's why people should stop yelling at eachother about it and focus on more important things.

2|0
    0|0
  • There has been addressed in philosophy actually. In the 11th century, a lot of neo-Platonic ideas were floating around and the notion of God's existence eventually came up. The argument proposed by many neo-Platonic philosophers is that there are two worlds, or plans; the plain of ideas, and the worldly plain. Everything in the worldly plain (where we are) is a reflection of its "being" in the plain of ideas. Long story short, everything we see is a reflection of its ideal.

So, by that logic, it was concluded that things exists because they exist in our minds. This brings up to God. God can not be touched, smelled, tasted, etc, so it exists in the mind as a perfect being who created us. Because of our "fall from grace", we are no longer perfect. Since God exists as a perfect being in our mind, and we -being incapable of perfection- cannot verify his existence in any other way, means that our ideal of God is not perfect, and as a result, God is not perfect. If God is not perfect, then the rest of the teachings of Christianity are moot.

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't. People are entitled to their beliefs. At least they are in the US, I don't know (or care) where you're from.

1|0
    0|0
  • Wouldn't it depend on which God you're talking about?

1|1
    0|0
  • You can't, because it's incorrect to say with 100% certitude that a God doesn't exist.

2|0
    0|0
  • No being existed outside when we first penetrated into the vastness of the universe.
    No being exists down in between subatomic particles
    No being exists in the furthest of studied objects.

I'd argue it's a matter of sensible probability that the Christian/Islamic/Whatever religious god does not exist.

0|0
    1|0
  • We don't. We respect their beliefs and leave it at that.

1|0
    0|0
  • You can't prove something doesn't exist, you have to prove it exists.
    If it's existence cannot be proven it therefore doesn't exist.
    Just like all those North Korean unicorns.
    assets.nydailynews.com/.../...cle-unicorn-1203.jpg

1|0
    0|0
    • Ummm you can prove that things don't exist. For instance, the nonexistence of magnetic monopoles or existence theorems in mathematics that can disprove theexistence of a solution to a problem.

• You also have to keep in mind that this rule is man-made. So, it's not really a rule, rather the way things work in the system called logic, which is also man-made.

We could've gone the other way and say "okay, you have to prove the opposite of something is wrong, this way we'll accept that whatever you're advocating for is true" and it still would've made sense. The only thing is that the way logic, thus science, which are both man-made, would be a little bit harder.

• uh huh...
    :O

1|0
    0|0
  • You can't disprove nor prove of the existence of deities.

1|0
    0|0
  • You cannot prove or disprove something you cannot physically measure. It remains in the area of philophy, and philosophy is total anarchy.

0|0
    1|0
  • You can't because he does exist.

1|0
    0|0
  • I believe in god, and i'll die believing in him.

1|0
    0|0
  • You can not prove a negative.

0|0
    1|0
  • I just tell them... I'll stop hitting tyou, when he/she shows up.

0|0
    1|0
  • If god created everything. Who created god, their has to be a creator for the Creator and so on.

0|0
    0|0
  • To many people you simply can't.

0|0
    0|0
  • "If there is a God, then right at this moment, may he strike me dead. ... See I am still alive"

0|0
    0|0
  • you can't prove that god exists so you can't prove that he doesn't

0|0
    0|0
  • not possible to proove that, so don't waste your time

0|0
    1|0
  • Well you just can't. Not possible to prove it

0|0
    0|0
  • The only one who can prove that is God.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• You can't. It's a belief about something that isn't a physical being, so you can't prove it doesn't exist, with any physical evidence. Juts respect people's right to believe what they want to, and you believe what you want.

1|0
    0|0
  • You can't prove that there is no God "substantially". You can't prove that there is God "substantially". That's why we have faith. And anyway, Christians believe that God's existence is shown through everything. But athiests use the same argument for their cause. You just have to have faith : )

1|0
    0|0
  • You don't. You mind your own business and focus on yourself and let people do what makes them happy and filled with fulfillment.

1|1
    0|0
    • This is just a question for discussion :- )

• I want to see how people interpret this question and their response :- )

• you can't prove anything.. it is all about our own mind.. our own faith..

0|0
    0|1
  • Sorry, but we can't.

1|0
    0|0
  • There is no way to prove that God exists, but there is also no way to prove that God doesn't exist. lmao

1|0
    0|0