Should I even bother with dating?

I've noticed %99.99999 of people don't date to marry nowadays. I'm a virgin and don't want to have sex, gay or straight, unless I've been in a relationship for at least a few months and I know that my partner doesn't have any STDs. Should I bother with dating at all?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nothing wrong with wanting to wait. I would want to be comfortable and confident with a new dating partner as well. I also think it would take a couple of months before I was totally comfortable to have sex too. I think it is wrong to look for dating partner with only marriage in mind because you are looking for too many things at once. I think a more natural progression is to find someone you are attracted to, then had the personality you like and go from there. You need to date someone long enough to figure out if they are marriage material or not. I simply do not believe you can see those traits or qualities from day-one. So in the mean-time, have fun, date, experience life!

Most Helpful Girl

• I am taking a break from dating, but when I continue I will not be sleeping around either. There might be some guys that will respect your wishes, or even want to wait as well. So I wouldn't say give up, but you will have to have patience to find the right person.

What Guys Said 4

• www.cheatsheet.com/.../?a=viewall

53% of adults (over 25) want to eventually get married.
    So its not super rare to get married... yet.

You should bother with dating and stop thinking of it as a bother.

• Of course you should. Dating doesn't mean you're going to have sex with them right away. It just means you get to know another person. It also helps you grow as a person and learn more about what you like and don't like so it prepares you for your eventual long term relationship

• In b4 sexually repressed asexuals infiltrate this question.

• What else are you going to do? Live alone and become a cat lady? I think the answer is obvious.

What Girls Said 0