Any tips on flexibility?

So I'm not really flexible and in p. e we have to do all sorts of acrobatics and i always flop because you have to be flexible to do that stuff, which I'm not. Anyway, do you have any tips on being more flexible, particularly back, legs and arms. Thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• Lots of stretching, maybe some yoga

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah the top tip I have on flexibility is that the only way to get and remain flexible is to stretch regularly. As often as you can, preferably shortly after working out. Stretching when you're not fresh from a workout or physical activity is advised against as, with your muscles not yet being warmed up, they're more likely to get strained or hurt in one way or another.

Start small. Touching your toes and holding you leg backwards up to your bum while your knee is bent, one leg at a time. Holding the balls of your feet up against the wall to stretch your arch, downward dog to work on your core...
    Hold each stretch for at least 20 seconds.

What Guys Said 1

• Lots and lots of stretching

What Girls Said 3

• I'm so glad I never had that problem... I'm double jointed😂 but I do yoga and apparently that really helps with people who struggle with flexibility

• Stretching can be a lifelong secret to good health and less stress. I still love to stretch.

• Just stretch when you're at home watching tv... I've been in gymnastics and dance since I was nine and that's the best advice they've given me