Other life forms?

Do you believe in the possibility of inteligent life in the universe?

• Yes, how can we be the only ones
  • No, we are it
  • I'd have to see it for myself

Most Helpful Guy

• Surely we can't be the only ones in such an unimaginable large area. A place that would take over 13,000,000,000 years to cross at the speed of light must contain more than our tiny planet of life. Would we ever discover such a place is another question but for me, there just has to be.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sure, I don't see how we could be the only intelligent life. That seems rather egocentric.

What Guys Said 8

• It's very likely that there are other intelligent life forms out there considering the size of the universe. However, it is extremely unlikely that they resemble us even in the slightest. Other planets offer completely different conditions and these causes different life forms to emerge. There is a good chance that we would not even spot some of these life forms or recognize them as living things if we directly encountered them. One example are life forms that are silicon-based rather than carbon-based. A silicon-based life form might look to us like some ugly, oversized piece of jelly... or something between a rock and an ugly, oversized piece of jelly. We might easily confuse such life forms with non-organic materials. The possibility of extraterrestrials looking something like the creepy aliens in the movie "Signs" (or even like the aliens in the movie "Independence Day") is very, very unlikely.

• the probability of another intelligent life form existing in a "infinite" space is quite high. the chance of ever connect to each other is pretty damn low though.

• With left-wingers ruining our planet, I doubt they'll visit us.

• Our existence, the existence of the universe itself is a paradox.
    Whether there is intelligent life is quite an insignificant question in the grand scheme of things.

Technically speaking, it is possible. Because technically speaking, the universe is infinite.

• Absolutely

,,,,

• Nope do you

• Yes I think there is a possibility. The universe is so vast, how can we not be the only life?

• 😂 well I have my reasons but I wouldn't complain if we discovered life why are you asking

• Why are you getting so cocky about me asking? I'm curious to see if others think about aliens.

• Until I sit down and have a conversation with someone from Jupiter or Mars or wherever then I won't believe it.

• With some of the people I've met through the years I still have a hard time believing we intelligent life on this planet, nevermind the universe.

• You must live in my town! Lol

What Girls Said 4

• It would be really narcissistic to think we are the only ones

• It's highly unlikely were the only ones... closer to impossible in fact

• Of course -_- You have to be SUPER close-mimded not to believe.

• I don't think we would be alive to see it. If Mars really has life or the possibility they are clearly evolving really slow, and they would be more animalistic not so called 'Intelligent'.