Is it just me or does it seem like Turkey and Israel have a lot in common?

Blockading other countries, illegal occupation and settlements, destruction and confiscation of civilian land, constantly aggressing against their neighbors, ruthless oppression of insurgencies, denying minority groups their civil rights, stealing Hatay and the Golan Heights from Syria, labeling all resistance of the people that they oppress as terrorism, all of their atrocities carried out with US support, the list goes on and on.

by the way, I'm talking about national policies, not every person

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly I just want turkey to get their shit together. They are a muslim majority country with a mostly functional democracy. I want them to be better because that would se a profound example for what the middle east should be.
    Sadly, they keep this up

• really this passage from the onion article
      www.theonion.com/.../god-angrily-clarifies-dont-kill-rule-222
      "This whole medieval concept of the jihad, or holy war, had all but vanished from the Muslim world in, like, the 10th century, and with good reason," God said. "There's no such thing as a holy war, only unholy ones. The vast majority of Muslims in this world reject the murderous actions of these radical extremists, just like the vast majority of Christians in America are pissed off over those two bigots on The 700 Club."

Continued God, "Read the book: 'Allah is kind, Allah is beautiful, Allah is merciful.' It goes on and on that way, page after page. But, no, some assholes have to come along and revive this stupid holy-war crap just to further their own hateful agenda. So now, everybody thinks Muslims are all murderous barbarians. Thanks, Taliban: 1,000 years of pan-Islamic cultural progress down the drain."
      sums up my feelings accurately, what the taliban and others have done is essentially try to se islam back 1000 years

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 0