Why did God let me live when I almost died?

Ok I don't know how to swim and all. I was tubing on a rocky river with my youth group. And my tube flip over and I fell in the water.. I was drowning n all... people saved me...

Only few inches of water tho
God could have taken my life if people saved me

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all:

1 - Why are you asking us this question? Are we God?

2 - Why do you think God saved you? Cause if he really DID save you, why doesn't he save other people when they are about to drown?

3 - Why are you asking God this? Why not ask the people who are ACTUALLY in front of you and reached out their hand to save you? They're very real, and can actually answer your question on why they chose to save your life.

Most Helpful Girl

• well, looks like it wasn't your time to go. glad ur ok =]

ps: there's no point asking questions about God here hun. you'll get a bunch of God haters jump at you the second you mention his name. Tried it a few times. If you wanna mention God, I'd advise it more in opinions. As questions, u don't get much useful feedback.

• Well I'm not a Christian anymore cuz a lot of stuff has happened to me tht made me lost faith and all

• oh gosh... alright. sorry to hear that.

What Guys Said 20

• No gods needed, plain physics are enough:

The average density of the human body is 985 kg/m3, and the typical density of seawater is about 1020 kg/m3. (a) The average density of the human body, after maximum inhalation of air, changes to 945 kg/m3.
    The density of plain water is 1000 kg /m3.

Thus you really don't need to do much to float: divers who don't use steel bottles *need* to wear a weighted belt with 2 or 3 kg of lead. Just to stay under the surface.

In a rocky fast flowing river, hurting a stone is a much bigger risk.

• Swimming is childishly easy: my son swam at age 2 or 3. (more under water than heads up LOL.)
      Just don't panic.

• He's not done with you yet. So he made sure that no quirks in the river conveniently arrived to prevent anyone from being able to rescue you. I've had a few near-death experiences myself. No seeing lights in tunnels though, I never got that close to dying.

• I like how you downvote anyone who suggests that you should be thankful to the people who saved you and not the old guy in the sky. Can't handle truth and logic?

• The guy who saved you allowed you to live, he could have simply stood by and did nothing.

• Yeah. But god still could have taken my life if my head hit a rock.

• I've fallen off of rafts boards and vehicles in the worst of conditions, I hardly ever hit rock and when i did it usually an arm and a leg. I attribute it to the situation.

• God didn't save you, those people did.

• The people helped you not god nor casper the ghost

• Because YOU were given a second chance so smile live your life right and be thankful

• Well, it wasn't your time. Maybe its an experience that God wanted you to have to use in your life. What you take from it is up to you. Whether its simply a simple accident with no real purpose or something that can change your life is for you to decide.

• god didn't save you, the people did. also, how the hell did you almost drown in a few inches of water?

• First of all, not everyone believes in God, or even fate for that matter. Life is the result of many coincidences. You having gone through this is the result of that.

For those who do believe in a God, perhaps you have some purpose that those he/she/it doesn't feel others have.

I'd spend less time going over the metaphysics of why you survived, and go on with your life. There are funner things to do than ponder this... unless you like philosophy, in which case, do your thing.

• So you're saying that the likelihood of you actually dying was very slim and yet you survived? I am shocked and impressed.

• God probably didn't interfer.
    He allows humans free will.
    Its the reason he doens't interfer when a mentally ill teenager kills themself.

• Because I decided it wasn't your time just yet.

• He gave you a second chance, or god helped you because you are a good person!

• You said it yourself, "people saved me". You need to thank these people, not your sky man friend.

• I've been wondering the same thing. God saved me too.

• SWORD TEST.

• There is no god, actual, living, breathing people saved you. How fucking stupid do you have to be to not understand that?

• Don't bring god in to this, please. There are atheists and agnostics on here

• I think the people saved u and not God.

• God could have took my life away no matter what happens with people saving me.

What Girls Said 11

• People saved you, not God xD

• Because god like you? idk!

• Back then I was starting to be a Christian, but since I moved I've been dark and all

• The people who saved you are the ones who let you live...

• Natural selection should have taken out the river rafting non-swimmer, come on evolution! You let that wonderful gene donator slip through the net... now it might breed.

• Because you have something to live for.

• Because it wasn't your time to go yet. God still has plans for you. Give thanks.

• My logical response is, that it was an accident and people were good swimmers so they got you to safety. You are shaken up, just take some time to rest and the adrenaline will get back to normal.

• Why would he let you die?

• Cuz I almost died? Thought it was my time to go.

• So what? Obviously it wasn't your time to go and you have a larger purpose in this life than to die like that.

• Because he has something planned out for you and it wasn't your time to go.

• are you a Christian?, he let you live because he loves you and provided people around you to help you

• Not your time.