I just beat my grandfather at chess, how do I rub it in his face?

Family is over for the holidays. My grandfather taught me how to play chess when I was 11. I played here and there but I knew he was coming over so I got a couple of different strategies down and practiced them online nonstop. Grandfather is very cocky. I just beat him and he went silet. He said he was going to bed. I feel like he is staring at the cieling right now in shame lmao. What do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Just leave your poor grandpa alone :p !!! Why would you want to rub it in his face?

Most Helpful Guy

• Knock on the door and ask if he is awake. When he lets you in do the happy dance in circles around the bed.

What Girls Said 2

• Don't, I think defeated for him was enough.
    And by the way, did you know chess was invented in India?

• Make it even worse by being a gracious winner, like don't be a dick about it. Tell him you "learned from the best" and it "must run in the family" or whatever noble sounding nonsense you can come up with. The teabag idea sounds tempting though.

What Guys Said 7

• Teabag him to show dominance.

• Facial aesthetics and brain gainz... When will it be mine turn?

@polocrew

• As a tournament chess player, I suggest not rubbing it in face. Be a good sport and just enjoy the win. Keep the cockiness to yourself. :)

• Gramps should be old enough to take a defeat like an adult. See if he feels better later.

• Teabag. Teabag.

• Dont kid yourself son he let you win. Its the oldest trick in the book. Its a way to reach out to the kid he trained

• I mean, he probably didn't read up on a bunch of strategies beforehand so you kind of had an unfair advantage.

• He has been playing chess MUCH longer than me lol

• Has he been playing constantly all these years? That's like saying a modern day boxer brags about if they could kick Mike Tysons ass now. Yeah he can kick Mike Tysons ass now but he's way out of practice that's not the same as kicking his ass in his prime.