Do you feel like your life is meaningless?

I feel pretty pointless. I'm at a cross road in my life and I don't really know what to do because I have a hard time envisioning the future. I have no direction.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes people with no direction avoid having goals because deep down they feel they won't succeed, so why should they bother trying. If you grew up with little family support this is understandable. Some goals are attainable (e. g. a desire to travel), and some less so (becoming a famous entertainer). What do you want? What do you enjoy? What have you enjoyed?

You may also be suffering from depression. You should get professional help. I was in the same place at your age and didn't get help and it led to a broken marriage and years of unhappiness. I'm all better now, but I don't want your life to go the same way.

• i kinda think you may have hit the nail on the head... i've being dealing with depression on and off for the last 6 years things always seem to go well for a little bit but it never really lasts which is probably why i feel like no matter what i do things won't work out. i haven't ever seen a doctor about it because i have a lot of difficulty talking about this kind of stuff.

• Twelve? It happens. I was depressed at 11. Depression can lead to feelings of shame. That kept me from seeking help for a long time. The right person will make it easy for you to talk to them. Please go see someone and good luck.

• i recently became re interested in the subject due to a project for my bio class, where my research topic was the effect of long term stress on the body, and the mind being part of it, so i looked at some of the ways that it effects your mind. and i found out that (when you're young especially) long term stress can actually effect the neuron structure in your brain, which sets your brain up for anxiety, and mood disorders. yay.

Most Helpful Girl

• You aren't alone. Sending you lots of hugs and love right now 😇🤗♥️

What Guys Said 12

• I've been through some rough patches where i was uncertain if i would ever be happy and felt so alone and without guidance. Sometimes when i don't know what to do or feel "meaningless" i try to step out of my comfort zone and do something new that you enjoy. Also i find that doing something to help others often gets me out of that meaningless state.

But most importantly don't put too much pressure on yourself, its ok to feel like this. Also i have tried meditation to calm my mind and help me to focus my thoughts better. Try it out... its a simple process to sooth your mind. I'm sure everything will work out just fine.

• If its pointless.. Find a purpose to your life

Just because you have no idea what to do with your life mean its pointless

For example:

You know what to do: is like a forest being chopped amd the pathway revelled hence less purpose

You don't know what to do: You cutting down the forest to find out what you want to do with your life.. Making it purposeful

Just enjoy it and follow your heart you'll be fine

• Yes I feel like that too sometimes, and I am at crossroads too in my life, I need to make some very important decisions about my life and I need to make them fast

• I feel the same way right now myself.

• Truthfully, I do sometimes.

• You're 18 just stay in school and you'll be good. Find your purpose.. something that keeps you up late at night and gets you up in the morning, Something you can't get enough of.

• Life without a belief in God IS meaningless. You need a spiritual side. Sounds like you have one but you are bored of the same old routines...

• Read Friedrich Nietzsche

• Live in the present not in future

• Nope, I was placed on this earth to fulfill women's sexual fantasies... not meaningless at all.

• I'm at a standstill. Not a crossroad. Meaning, I know what i want, but, I can't seem to get going on it

• God created my to come to His likeness and love my fellow humans like myself. My life is not meaningless.

What Girls Said 3

• Don't worry. I've been there.
    earlier this year though, I finally found something I want to work towards, career~wise, and now everything is different.
    You've still got time.

• I wish I could die everyday

• Same here.